Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Rogan blames racist UFC fans for keeping Jon Jones down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do a ton of fans love Daniel Cormier? He's black, but he's got plenty of supporters.

Or why do fans dislike Mighty Mouse? It surely isn't because he's black. UFC fans have something against the lower weight classes and it's been proven time and again on the Sherdog forums.

Now, I know there are some fans out there that are racially prejudiced, but when it comes to Jones, I definitely don't think the main reason why people dislike him is because of his skin color. To say that it is THE reason to dislike him is simply reaching, IMO.
    Last edited by Ruthless One; 09-15-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Joe, he tells it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
        Why do a ton of fans love Daniel Cormier? He's black, but he's got plenty of supporters.

Or why do fans dislike Mighty Mouse? It surely isn't because he's black. UFC fans have something against the lower weight classes and it's been proven time and again on the Sherdog forums.

Now, I know there are some fans out there that are racially prejudiced, but when it comes to Jones, I definitely don't think the main reason why people dislike him is because of his skin color. To say that it is THE reason to dislike him is simply reaching, IMO.
        IMO yes it is, the whole coc0ky rich black athlete thing rubs a lot of people the wrong way,

Cormier to me does not have that many supporters and his fighting style is to me less than eye pleasing, the reason people are vocal about him now is because of the fact they are hoping for him to beat jones IMO.

And Rogan is around the sport constantly at the highest level so to me he would have a more informed opinion than most people.

His job is to talk about the sport, so he obviously talks to more people about the sport than all of us combined.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          lol @ saying it can't be racism because people love Anderson so much. Really? Anderson? He's also one of the most hated fighters in the sport, I would say close to Jones.

As for Rogan's comments, the worship of white fighters like Fedor and GSP while hating Jones and Anderson does not make Shertard's case any better. There is truth in Rogaines comments.
          I'm neither black nor white but I feel the need to point out the irony of you crying racism given your history of bias against certain fighters and calling black fighters "uncle tom" for acting too white. You are not neutral and have made your "allegiance" obvious in many posts. One minute you're circle jerking with the other racists then you're captain tolerance.

There are people like you on both sides of the fence and I have fun parodying the race war on this forum, I just don't think it's a big factor in a fighter's mainstream appeal. Even Rampage was more beloved then Jones is and he was pretty mediocre in the UFC.

I actually knew of Jones before he was the champion and I can tell you he was hated even back then because of his backstory of being a "snitch" and biblethumper, which I defended him for (ironically, from a bunch of internet "homies" accusing him of being an uncle tom, hoping a real brother took his corny ass out, the same way you talk about Cormier).
          Last edited by ////; 09-16-2014, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            I'm neither black nor white but I feel the need to point out the irony of you crying racism given your history of bias against certain fighters
            First off arse wipe, you're too much of a coward to post with your main account, or you're too scared to reveal your previous banned account. I've got an idea who you were previously though.

and calling black fighters "uncle tom" for acting too white.
            Yes I still think Cormier is an uncle Tom. What are you going to do about it? LOL.

For the record, calling someone an uncle tom isn't racist, in fact it's pretty much the opposite.

You are not neutral and have made your "allegiance" obvious in many posts.
            Why are you beating around the bush so much, troll? Why don't you tell me what these biases allegiances etc are and post proof of me saying that?

There are people like you on both sides of the fence, I just don't think it's a big factor in a fighter's mainstream appeal. Even Rampage was more beloved then Jones is and he was pretty mediocre in the UFC.
            Try to find as many 'beloved black fighters' as you want, it doesn't change the possibility that a large amount of Jones and Anderson haters are racist. Most MMA fans are already extremely stupid and douchy, why would racism be so unlikely for them?

Comment

I got banned for parodying racism and switching back and forth between acting like a black/white supremacist, making fun of both. I guess the mods thought I was instigating too much.

You guys deserve to be made fun of. You act like when a fighter with your skin color wins you won at something and it's ****ing hilarious.

Comment

I just glanced at your post history. Over 90% of them are pissing and moaning about race lol. You've gotta be the biggest hypocrite I've seen here and you are one miserable chap. You should try to enjoy combat sports and perhaps life in general.

Comment

Yeah, but when I'm pretending to be a ****** for laughs I quickly find out who the real ******s and alts are, the guys on 24/7 racial patrol making sure to show up in threads about fighters from a certain ethnicity and systematically **** on them.

You represent a very small portion of fight fans, most of whom do not care about race (at least in sports), but I can see why you would want to portray the opposite.
                  Last edited by ////; 09-16-2014, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                    Yeah, but when I'm pretending to be a ****** for laughs.
                    Not surprisingly, being great at this requires such little effort on your part that it pretty much comes naturally for you. lmao.

I'm still interested where you got all of this 'history' from me, because aside from trashing Cormier I don't recall anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      C) a compleat moron
                      lel

Comment

Working...
                      X