No announcement yet.

So, where are these "tough guys" now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where are these "tough guys" now?

Just wondering, what happened to all the "tough guys" wearing Tapout shirts?

I remember around 2010 through late 2011 no matter where you'd go, you would always see a random fat dude, geek, or both wearing a Tapout shirt at the mall, at pubs, clubs, parties, and even at the gym. Some dudes would show up wearing Tapout outfits to the gym, which I found hilarious...

Guess MMA ain't as hot or taking over boxing as many idiots predicted.

/failthread

MMA is still very popular, but you've come to the conclusion that it's not, simply because you're not seeing as many tapout shirts around now. What wonderful logic. LOL! Maybe they grew up and recognised their douchebaggery ways, or maybe those particular 'fans' got bored with the sport and found something else to jump on to?

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      /failthread

MMA is still very popular, but you've come to the conclusion that it's not, simply because you're not seeing as many tapout shirts around now. What wonderful logic. LOL! Maybe they grew up and recognised their douchebaggery ways, or maybe those particular 'fans' got bored with the sport and found something else to jump on to?
      I just don't hear about how great MMA is anymore. Don't get me wrong...I love not having to argue with a bunch of idiots that know nothing about the sport of boxing,it just seems like things have slowed down at the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        I just don't hear about how great MMA is anymore. Don't get me wrong...I love not having to argue with a bunch of idiots that know nothing about the sport of boxing,it just seems like things have slowed down at the UFC.
        The UFC is set to hold 54 live events in 2014. Up from 33, in 2013.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

[QUOTE=takingaim;14153487]/failthread

I 2nd this motion.

Huey you suck donkey balls

Comment

UFC still sells very well lets be honest..

Usually the PPVs are doing at least 300k upwards.. With the bigger stars it's usually at least double that Its not rising as much as it was.. lets be fair it has plateaued a bit for the moment..

I think a few top stars leaving have done that.. i.e Brock Lesnar i think a decent % of the WWE crowd probably no longer watch MMA.. many Pride/UFC legends are at the end of careers or retired (think Chuck/Wanderlia)

GSP has gone.. but Rousey actually seems like a good draw.. and maybe Weidman will blow up now he dominated the top 3 goat x2.. If Brock comes back numbers will go back through the roof also. If Jones continues to win and act like a dick you could have a Mayweather like draw in MMA..

I love both boxing and MMA.. but boxing has been around many more years... What the UFC has done in the past 10 years is pretty amazing. Once Mayweather/Pac/Cotto go i don't see the real draws (for the american market) .. and they can't put on a ppv with the boxers a rung below them.. didn't broner/Maidana get cancelled as a ppv? and there was a lot of interest in that fight

Comment

Just wondering, what happened to all the "tough guys" wearing Tapout shirts?

I remember around 2010 through late 2011 no matter where you'd go, you would always see a random fat dude, geek, or both wearing a Tapout shirt at the mall, at pubs, clubs, parties, and even at the gym. Some dudes would show up wearing Tapout outfits to the gym, which I found hilarious...

Guess MMA ain't as hot or taking over boxing as many idiots predicted.

I'd wear a tapout shirt if I owned one to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                UFC still sells very well lets be honest..

Usually the PPVs are doing at least 300k upwards.. With the bigger stars it's usually at least double that Its not rising as much as it was.. lets be fair it has plateaued a bit for the moment..

I think a few top stars leaving have done that.. i.e Brock Lesnar i think a decent % of the WWE crowd probably no longer watch MMA.. many Pride/UFC legends are at the end of careers or retired (think Chuck/Wanderlia)

GSP has gone.. but Rousey actually seems like a good draw.. and maybe Weidman will blow up now he dominated the top 3 goat x2.. If Brock comes back numbers will go back through the roof also. If Jones continues to win and act like a dick you could have a Mayweather like draw in MMA..

I love both boxing and MMA.. but boxing has been around many more years... What the UFC has done in the past 10 years is pretty amazing. Once Mayweather/Pac/Cotto go i don't see the real draws (for the american market) .. and they can't put on a ppv with the boxers a rung below them.. didn't broner/Maidana get cancelled as a ppv? and there was a lot of interest in that fight
                Good post my man. I also love both, but MMA is far more exciting to me than boxing.

I thought once May leaves the sport then Broner could take over, but I"m starting to doubt that.

When tyson left, DLH took over as the main draw. I wonder who is next? There is no hype other than PAC/May and Cotto.

Comment

I'd happily wear my MMA sport shirts during going to the gym obviously I draw the line at making it casual clothes etc, I'd sooner wear that than the day I'd wear a TMT shirt and somehow I get the feeling that you Huey would be the type of person who'd wear that everywhere which is if you ask me... Quite sad because you're just as bad as the people you're having a go at

Comment

It's been quite a while since I've seen somebody owned so badly in their own thread. I'm tempted to give some positive rep just to make him feel better. I love boxing and mma. It's hard for me to believe people haven't stopped with the whole boxing vs mma debate yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X