Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Hendricks gotten the Decision ????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest problem is the 10-point must system.

Hendricks gave away the 5th round because he thought he had it in the bag, which was foolish.

If the fight was scored as a whole, which makes a lot more sense, it is clear as can be who won the fight.

The way the 10-point must works though is incredibly arbitrary. A massive beating in one round is equal to stealing an even round with a takedown in the last 15 seconds.

Comment

yeah the 10 point system usually works in boxing because there are 12 rounds, in mma there are only 5 rounds its too little really

Comment

This was a very close fight, wasn't surprised when the decision was announced wouldn't have been if it was the other way around thought GSP took it close.

Comment

and kaps went full ****** as per usual. what's new.

and the tapping bull****...wow GSP fans clinging onto literally anything

Last edited by Zn1; 11-19-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
            GSP won clearly in my books.

And on the first round i saw Hendricks slightly tap on that guillotine and got away with it.
            I thought I saw that too, but after rewatching the fight it was just his arm waving, likely do to the way they were rolling...

I had rounds 1,3, and 5 for GSP. Whoever said GSP won round 2 is on crack or didn't watch the fight. I think GSP would have won round 4 if it wasn't for the slip and getting worked on the ground. But you can't judge on what ifs.

Round 1 was close, but IMO you have to TAKE THE TITLE from the champion, I don't feel Hendrix did enough in round one to win. GSP had at least one takedown and a submission attempt, Hendrix didn't do much except land elbows on GSP's takedown attempt. GSP also forced the action

Round 2, Hendrix best round, had GSP hurt and defensive.

Round 3, GSP outworked and outboxed Hendrix

Round 4, Hendrix got the best of GSP

Round 5, Hendrix was in shutdown mode, GSP forced the action and took the round.

Hendrix's corner screwed him, they should have let him know it was a close fight going into the 4th and 5th, and told him to work. Instead they acted like the fight was in hand.

Also, I'm disappointed in the announcers, they spent the entire fight with Hendrix's schlong so far down their throats. Even when he threw and missed they awed in amazement of what would happen if he connected. Very bias announcing.

I am a huge Johnny Hendrix fan, and a fairly big GSP fan. You have to take the title from the champion, Johnny didn't do it.

He will learn from this and be a much better fighter because of it.

Comment

I thought Hendricks won 3 rounds too one with the first maybe a draw but no way GSP won fight. Hendricks got a bit ****y should have gone 100% all the time.

Comment

The only questionable round is round 1, which was an extremely close round. Round 2 Hendricks, Round 3 GSP, Round 4 Hendricks, and Round 5 GSP. How is it a robbery if the round that is in question is a close round?

I could honestly see an argument for either fighter winning the first, but since it was close, I gave the nod to the champ. All the judges agreed on the rest of the fight as well. The first round is the only question.

Comment

I hate this "you have to win decisively to beat the champion" garbage.

if 1 fighter wins 3 rounds and the other fighter wins 2 rounds the fighter winning 3 surely should win, instead they don't just make it a draw, they give the fight to the champion who didn't win.

having a title should not effect scoring at all.

Hendricks UFC WW champion.

great gameplan, didn't gas anything close to what many predicted (myself included) and had no problem in the grappling. GSP didn't seem to have a plan B and his Plan A was just a dusted off gameplan from previous fights. he seemed overly reliant on Hendricks just throwing a big left, Hendricks right hand was pretty damn good, kinda reminded me of when Pacquiao improved his own right hand and stopped being so left hand happy.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    The only questionable round is round 1, which was an extremely close round. Round 2 Hendricks, Round 3 GSP, Round 4 Hendricks, and Round 5 GSP. How is it a robbery if the round that is in question is a close round?

I could honestly see an argument for either fighter winning the first, but since it was close, I gave the nod to the champ. All the judges agreed on the rest of the fight as well. The first round is the only question.

First round isn't even a question. Judges saw that GSP won that close round so be it. It's just the same how judges gave him the rounds 3 and 5, and gave Hendricks the rounds 2 and 4.

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                    I hate this "you have to win decisively to beat the champion" garbage.

if 1 fighter wins 3 rounds and the other fighter wins 2 rounds the fighter winning 3 surely should win, instead they don't just make it a draw, they give the fight to the champion who didn't win.

having a title should not effect scoring at all.

Hendricks UFC WW champion.

great gameplan, didn't gas anything close to what many predicted (myself included) and had no problem in the grappling. GSP didn't seem to have a plan B and his Plan A was just a dusted off gameplan from previous fights. he seemed overly reliant on Hendricks just throwing a big left, Hendricks right hand was pretty damn good, kinda reminded me of when Pacquiao improved his own right hand and stopped being so left hand happy.
                    No one's taking the credit away from Hendricks. He had a great game plan, he gave GSP the hardest fight he ever had and he proved to the people that he is the real deal.

If anything, I think Hendricks took the credit away from GSP. Majority thought GSP lost because for a very long time we were used to seeing St. Pierre won comfortably and decisively against his previous opponents.

For years, we complained how boring GSP was because he didn't finished fight and was just contented winning by points. Now, that he won not fighting his fight, we accused him by winning through robbery. Hendricks punches are hard and sharp but GSP managed to take it, but if you watch it again (mute the audio so that you will not hear Rogan's idiotic and exaggerated commentating) half of Johnny's punches were blocked by GSP and were countered instead.

These scenario can be compared to Jon Jones' win against Gus. it's a close fight and no robbery. People said that Jones lost because most thought it was a walk in the park but were in for a surprise that Jones' looked devastated against Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      Very ironic. I bet you're also one of these fanboys who claims Hendricks tapped in the 1st round huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X