No announcement yet.

JDS: Cain Velasquez didn't prove he's the better fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDS: Cain Velasquez didn't prove he's the better fighter

It was a fight that, for sure, was heavily studied beforehand by both sides, my team as much as his. But I believe that in the end, his team brought a more effective strategy in order to fight just to win. My strategy was to impose my game and, as always, get the knockout. Perhaps it was a more emotional strategy than a rational one.

On what stopped him from getting the knockout:

What was missing for me was the distance to finish my combinations. His goal was accomplished, as every time he felt one of my punches, he clinched and leaned into me, allowing himself enough time to recover.

On his standing in the heavyweight division:

I still consider myself one of the main challengers to the title. He showed that he had an effective strategy to win the fight, looking to play it safe while not taking many chances to show he was the better fighter, blocking my punches in a way that is typical of wrestlers. He applied pressure, grabbing hold of me and avoiding the fight, making the fight boring, making the audience boo a lot. An effective strategy to win, but he didn't prove he was the better fighter.

This guy must have brain damage from Cains two attempted-homicides. He was beaten into a pulp. I've never seen such beatings in my life.

Two days after the fight, he also said he doesn't remember ANYTHING after the 3rd round (where he got dropped). He thought he got KOD in the 3rd and doesn't even remember talking to Joe Rogan after the fight.

Poor guy.

I think he should retire now. Maybe fight one more and see how he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      lol JDS's statements are just as ridiculous as this post. JDS is still BY FAR the 2nd best HW. There is no reason for him to retire as there is nobody else out there that could beat him other than Cain.

Comment

He's the second best Heavyweight in the world. Why should he quit and stop making money?

Edit: didn't mean to copy the poster above me, I posted without reading his comment. Just goes to show though that he's not the only one with that opinion.

Comment

What do you expect him to say? He obviously get a third crack by the end of 2015. Hes not going to say Cain is my daddy and the GOAT HW.

Hes just hyping up the next one. Hell really need to rack together the wins by 2014 to the summer of 2015. Try to get on a 4-5 fight win streak. Beat Overeem, Browne, Barnett, And other emerging contenders then

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Butthurt fanboys, look at JDS' statement this way.

Cain has not yet proven that he is the better fighter if you look at which of the two guys can beat more different types of fighters. Both guys have fought all kinds of fighters and were victorious. Outside of the 3 fights against eachother, JDS and Cain have looked invincible against the rest of the devision but especially JDS, as Cain was knocked down and hurt quite a few times against Kongo.

Same with Pacquiao and JMM. JMM won most of their fights, but Pacquiao is still the better fighter because he beat more fighters with different styles.

I think the next couple of years there will be no question who is better between Cain and JDS. I know the Cain fans think JDS is no longer a threat but the moment Cain slips and and gets KO'd again, JDS can easily beat the new champion and get his title back and go on another run while Cain somehow loses more. You never know with this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              lol JDS's statements are just as ridiculous as this post. JDS is still BY FAR the 2nd best HW. There is no reason for him to retire as there is nobody else out there that could beat him other than Cain.
              He is the 2nd best but he's too tough for hes own good. He already has health problems if you seen in the UFC primetime. he might be still good for 1 or 2 fight but the guy wants to fight for 10 more years!!

Comment

I think the guys a coward. I am a fan of his fighting style and he's clearly the 2nd best HW in the world but after someone commits manslaughter on you TWICE in the cage you should be more humble about it.

What more does Cain have to do for this guy to give him props? If Cain gives him a 4th fight and KO's JDS in a minute he will say 'Cain hits like a girl, lucky punch' if Cain submits him 'he avoided de standup guis'

He's either delusional, brain damaged or just that arrogant.

Comment

He is the 2nd best but he's too tough for hes own good. He already has health problems if you seen in the UFC primetime. he might be still good for 1 or 2 fight but the guy wants to fight for 10 more years!!
                  Let the doctors tell him when to stop. If Docs are monitoring him and telling him its fine to fight, I don't see a problem.

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                  I think the guys a coward. I am a fan of his fighting style and he's clearly the 2nd best HW in the world but after someone commits manslaughter on you TWICE in the cage you should be more humble about it.

What more does Cain have to do for this guy to give him props? If Cain gives him a 4th fight and KO's JDS in a minute he will say 'Cain hits like a girl, lucky punch' if Cain submits him 'he avoided de standup guis'

honestly I think he just said that because he wants another shot at Cain. Why would the UFC give him another shot if he just admits that Cain is the better fighter, that wouldn't make any sense. I just think JDS wants to fight for the title again otherwise what would be the point of him fighting.

JDS 1-uped him in the first fight and had to fight Cain again and now Cain is 1-up on him so JDS should be allowed to get another shot. I think a deuce for Cain should be their final fight. And if JDS actually employs a real strategy he can make this interesting. Not just go for the big bomb. But I still see Cain winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post

You are more ******ed than I thought. You call him a coward(which is one of the most idiotic things you can say MMA related) and then talk about a bunch of other stuff that doesn't back that up. JDS cannot "submit" to Cain psychologically by saying that he's a better fighter and would never beat him again etc. Fighters have to be delusional in a way sometimes to keep their spirits high and right.

Who are you going to run to next to nuthug after Cain loses the belt? You're the biggest bandwagon hopper here.

Comment

Working...
                    X