Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Silva considered an underdog going into the Weidman fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    well Silva kissed him at the weigh in face off lol
    Silva has done that a few times I think lol. In his mind its probably a way to get inside his opponents head. Kind of like a "You My Beotch" type mentality lol. Psychological warfare!

Comment

Happens in boxing too, but why do UFC fans and the UFC itself keep mentioning Chael had Silva on the floor for 5 rounds or nearly won? The mofo was on some next level testosterone...

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
        Happens in boxing too, but why do UFC fans and the UFC itself keep mentioning Chael had Silva on the floor for 5 rounds or nearly won? The mofo was on some next level testosterone...
        It wasn't the testosterone that did that. It was him fighting the fight of his life and Anderson not having an answer for his game (until Chael started to visualise him with the title according to him, he basically got tired/lost focus/got careless and Silva capitalised). The second fight Silva knew what to expect (he was in GREAT shape, I haven't seen him in better shape) and I think he improved his takedown defence along with the fact that I think Chael regressed a bit and he was shooting without setting it up like he did in the first fight, bare in mine he did win the first round convincingly, so it is still possible to employ that strategy on Silva IF you are good enough.

He also did not get done for going over the limit if I recall but it was because he did not disclose that he was on TRT properly to the commission which is why they decreased his ban time.

Comment

I just came in here to ask the same thing. Internets is blowing up with people picking Weidman. Is it all hype?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I just came in here to ask the same thing. Internets is blowing up with people picking Weidman. Is it all hype?
            Its hard to say weidman has two good wins as a pro he beat demian maia by decision on short notice and then last year stopped mark munoz in two rounds who everybody thought was gonna get the next shot. Hes a good collegiate level wrestler ans has good bjj hes strking is also improving.Alot of his peers are picking him because of his youth and they say he is very hard working. They also believe he can do what chael did in the first fight against silva.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              It's the same damn thing that happens before a Mayweather fight. The UFC promos are at the root of it. With that said, Silva is hugely overrated and Chris has a very good chance. I just don't think that people are picking him for the right reasons though

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                It's the same damn thing that happens before a Mayweather fight. The UFC promos are at the root of it. With that said, Silva is hugely overrated and Chris has a very good chance. I just don't think that people are picking him for the right reasons though
                Why is Silva overrated?

Comment

Silva by destruction.

j/k I only watch MMA casually, but I have always enjoyed watching Silva, hope he puts on another show tonight.

Comment

Well i almost bought this ppv, but i found me a nice HD river

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                      Why is Silva overrated?
                      His whole P4P GOAT label was fabricated by the UFC as an answer to the Fedor craze years ago. Anderson has some embarrassingly bad losses in his past. Record is STILL getting padded with fights like the Bonnar and others. 3 of his title defenses were fiascos where he refused to participate. Henderson and Belfort were legit challenges and he's been protected from rematching them, even when they clearly earned it. And to definitively reinforce my stance, if he beats his "biggest challenge to date" in Weidman, he's beaten a guy with 9 fights...

As much as I dislike John Jones, he's already compiled a more impressive resume than Silva. And, same goes for GSP. Silva is far more exciting though so he's become idolized.

Comment

Working...
                      X