Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior Dos Santos Champ in 2013 WARWAGON THREAD!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91
    what's the big deal with hunt? seriously? i'm not a die-hard knowledgeable mma fan, i only watch it from time to time (at this point, i follow fighters' careers more than the sport). hunt had a 9-7 record going into the jds fight. why was he hyped up? his k-1 background? really? he beat struve and kongo as of late, i really don't find that impressive.
    as for the rematch, does anyone else feel it's too soon? i honestly don't think a win over hunt should make way for a third fight with velasquez (the 2nd fight wasn't even competitive). i think since cain's boy daniel cormier is ranked second, why not make dos santos/cormier? velasquez can fight werdum for the time being. imo this third fight shouldn't be made so soon. have dos santos grab another win and see if it can "marinate" a bit more.
    Lol I can't believe how hyped up Dos Santos is getting for a win vs Hunt. I actually told my bro the same thing too, a win over Hunt shouldn't get you a rematch vs Cain but apparently it does. I wonder if Cormier and Cain will ever fight. That would suck for both guys.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
      ****in bandwagoner.
      Listen...Ive been on his nuts since he KO'd Werdum with that beautiful uppercut. He knocked out the #1 contender in his first fight!

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      what's the big deal with hunt? seriously? i'm not a die-hard knowledgeable mma fan, i only watch it from time to time (at this point, i follow fighters' careers more than the sport). hunt had a 9-7 record going into the jds fight. why was he hyped up? his k-1 background? really? he beat struve and kongo as of late, i really don't find that impressive.
      as for the rematch, does anyone else feel it's too soon? i honestly don't think a win over hunt should make way for a third fight with velasquez (the 2nd fight wasn't even competitive). i think since cain's boy daniel cormier is ranked second, why not make dos santos/cormier? velasquez can fight werdum for the time being. imo this third fight shouldn't be made so soon. have dos santos grab another win and see if it can "marinate" a bit more.
      I was actually hoping for JDS vs Cormier but Cormier is actually screwing everything up saying he wants to fight the winner of Big Nog vs Werdum(which is the other reason Werdum is booked) before he goes to LHW meaning he wants none of JDS!!! Plus Werdum has only beaten Russow & Nelson.

Atleast Hunt was on a 4 fight winning streak in the UFC, which is only 2nd to Roy Nelsons current 3 fight winning streak in the UFC heavyweight division. And yeah the hype was because Hunt was K-1 champion. Plus if you actually check to who he's lost to at Heavyweight Fedor, JDS, Overeem, and Barnett, you can tell his record is deceiving like Randy Couture.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        I was actually hoping for JDS vs Cormier but Cormier is actually screwing everything up saying he wants to fight the winner of Big Nog vs Werdum(which is the other reason Werdum is booked) before he goes to LHW meaning he wants none of JDS!!! Plus Werdum has only beaten Russow & Nelson.

Atleast Hunt was on a 4 fight winning streak in the UFC, which is only 2nd to Roy Nelsons current 3 fight winning streak in the UFC heavyweight division. And yeah the hype was because Hunt was K-1 champion. Plus if you actually check to who he's lost to at Heavyweight Fedor, JDS, Overeem, and Barnett, you can tell his record is deceiving like Randy Couture.
        thanks for the info man, didn't know all that was happening with cormier and werdum. that's a disappointment to hear. imo that would have been a sick card (velasquez/werdum and dos santos/cormier). as for the werdum/hunt comparison, i can't see an argument being made for that. a 4 fight win streak isn't that impressive against the guys he's beaten imho. since '08 werdum has only lost twice, to overeem and jds. hunt's lost 4 times (5 if you count last night's fight) and to 3 rather unknown dudes (if we're talking ufc/big names). his record might be a little deceiving (i know in mma it usually is), but i just don't see anything impressive in beating hunt, let alone that getting you an immediate title shot. like i said, i would have liked to seen jds have another fight before making this third fight.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Lol I can't believe how hyped up Dos Santos is getting for a win vs Hunt. I actually told my bro the same thing too, a win over Hunt shouldn't get you a rematch vs Cain but apparently it does. I wonder if Cormier and Cain will ever fight. That would suck for both guys.
        yeah, i just didn't understand the hype behind hunt. it is what it is, i guess the third fight between dos santos and velasquez is practically signed and sealed. like most in this thread, i'm going with velasquez. i was actually a bit nervous for cain last night. i didn't think he was capable of making quick work of bigfoot like he did in the first fight, but he obviously proved me wrong. i think he outworks dos santos again to another decision. dos santos is still a very dangerous opponent though (regardless of how the 2nd fight went), i wouldn't rule him out of winning this one (i'm a fan of him as well), but i have to go with cain.

Comment

There's no doubt JDS is a dangerous opponent BUT Cain is the type of fighter that comes out better everytime out. That's why I didn't think Bigfoot had a chance. He came out better in the rematch vs JDS and he obviously came out better vs Bigfoot Saturday night.

Cain actually reminds me A LOT of Frankie. Their boxing is so similar in my IMO. Their head and upper body movement and they just keep coming. Even tho it takes Frankie a while to get his motors started. They also always come out better the second time around.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

im in, i think jds took cain lightly the second time and he can always end it in an instant like in the first

Comment

I'm not that partial to either fighter, but these guys deserve a trilogy. I don't think a repeat of the second fight is what will happen. It might, but I expect JDS to show up.

Comment

Working...
              X