No announcement yet.

Whats Up with this Gi Business?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Up with this Gi Business?

I have trained for the first time with the Gi after 8yrs of grappling and it feels so fake. What shirt or coat can you hang on like that? Not hating I love BJJ and have heard some guys that I respect swear by it. What do you guys think does it help you in any way in MMA or no GI Training?

I've been doing BJJ for 2 years. I started with no-gi , started training GI a year after. Training with the GI is a MUST. It makes your overall game tighter and more technical. Its kind of hard to explain , you're gonna have train for a while and see for yourself. GSP himself said in some interview that training with GI makes you think more , which in the end improve your overrall game.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      I've been doing BJJ for 2 years. I started with no-gi , started training GI a year after. Training with the GI is a MUST. It makes your overall game tighter and more technical. Its kind of hard to explain , you're gonna have train for a while and see for yourself. GSP himself said in some interview that training with GI makes you think more , which in the end improve your overrall game.
      This exactly, i first started training with a Gi, then i did no Gi for the first time after about 3 years and i felt free, there is a lot more room for error without a Gi.

Comment

Working...
      X