No announcement yet.

Mark Hunt vs JDS official for UFC 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    This post is another example of what I'm talking about.

Why is it that it is so hard for people to comprehend that Mark Hunt is simply speaking a worldclass kickboxer? In his prime, that is, of course. That isn't to say he is in worldclass form at the moment, with respect to competitive professional kickboxing. But, his striking is way better than any other heavyweight in the UFC, and it isn't even a contest.
    I hope Hunt wins, I am a fan but did you guys forget hes turning 39 right away? Look at his fight with Struve. He was getting tagged at will. He has his power and the god chin but he is slow, has cardio issues and will get picked apart by the quicker younger JDS who has superior footwork compared to Hunt.

Hunt could catch him with something and finish him but he's got nothing but a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
      I hope Hunt wins, I am a fan but did you guys forget hes turning 39 right away? Look at his fight with Struve. He was getting tagged at will. He has his power and the god chin but he is slow, has cardio issues and will get picked apart by the quicker younger JDS who has superior footwork compared to Hunt.

Hunt could catch him with something and finish him but he's got nothing but a punchers chance.
      He's gonna Homer Simpson him. JDS is going to get so tired from Punching Hunt in the face it's not going to take much for him to go down in the later rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        He's gonna Homer Simpson him. JDS is going to get so tired from Punching Hunt in the face it's not going to take much for him to go down in the later rounds...
        That chin wont hold up forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post

I thought he looked phenomenal in the Struve fight. Don't forget about the enormous height and reach difference. That's why he got tagged a bit, but he wasn't being hit with any big shots. 39 is not necessarily that old for a heavyweight.

Comment

He's aged well. He's gonna knock Dos Santos out then KO Cain or Bigfoot.

Comment

I'm back from my vacation now and I notice the Hunt nuthuggery is just as ******ed as it was last year when all the clowns on the internet rallied for his undeserved title shot over Mir after Reem was suspended.
              The exposing of the hype by JDS can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
                really? Carwin is your example? Carwin aint no Hunt standing up.. Hunt can counter effectively and can set traps, has better head movement, defence and underrated footwork than any striker JDS has faced. JDS aint even fast.

Thing is, I expect JDS to try and fight from the outside, and gas himself out... then get KO'ed because I dont think his boxing skills is all that to keep Hunt at bay like he did Carwin, Nelson etc.

JDS is also coming off one his worst beatdowns in his career and Hunt isnt.. who knows where his mind is really at.. acting like JDS is some kind of Muhammed Ali or Bhop level boxer.. GTFOH
                You're a moron who does nothing but put words into my mouth. I didn't compare Carwin to Hunt neither did I compare JDS to Ali or Hopkins. Why don't you stick to NSB.

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                I think JDS takes it, but I kinda hope Hunt wins just because the reaction of the TS will be so ridiculous and angry.
                Are you the Sonnen fanboy in this section who also happens to be obsessed with an underaged gymnast from the last olympics? I don't remember his name but I had a lot of flamewars with that guy.

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                I don't think anybody is writing JDS off. He just doesn't think right when fighting. Standing and trading with Hunt would be a mistake, he may get the better of the exchanges in the beginning, but that's a dangerous game to play with Hunt who is seemingly un-effected by most strikes to the head....

Unfortunately, it's not pre-late00s anymore and THIS did happen.

So the whole "Hunt can't be hurt or KO'd!" is as debunked as "Fedor can't lose!".
                And the predictable answer is always "Manhoef is the hardest puncher in the history of mankind!!!" coming from people who have no idea what they're talking about. I've seen most of Melvin's matches and no, he's not the most deadly one-punch guy at all, not even close. This is just the Hunt-fans way of making the brutal KO loss seem less bad.

The fact is that that fight proves that Hunt can be KO'd just like anybody else, and the attempts to "hide" or discredit the Manhoef rape is dishonest.

Comment

I'm game for that.

I'd offer to bet with you too, but I don't want to take the rest of your points.

I do like you. But your post comes off as ignorant to me.

Mark Hunt is a world class kickboxer.

He's passed his prime as a kickboxer.

But he is head and shoulders, hell hips, head and shoulders, above anybody in the UFC heavyweight division with respect to striking skills. Overeem is the only guy that could be mentioned in a conversation, because a lot of his base is kickboxing, and he does have some professional kickboxing experience, although not that much. His K-1 Grand Prix victory was a fluke. He fought a broken-armed Gohkan Saki in the Semi's, and basically walked over him. A 40 year old Peter Aerts beat Semmy Schilt for him on the other side of the bracket, in what was one hell of a fight. A fresh Overeem who had just walked all over Saki beat a tired old warhorse, who had just put in what was by far the fight and performance of the night, in the finals over 3 rounds.

Things happen in tournaments. Overeem deserves to be proud. But we also have to keep things in perspective.

Nobody in the UFC heavyweight division is on Hunt's level in the striking department. That is simply a factual statement. I'm actually picking Hunt by 1st round knockout. I think this is a very good fight for him.
                  A lot of irony and lack of knowledge in this post.

Discrediting Overeem's K-1 victory while completely ignoring/being unaware of Hunt's FLUKE of a K-1 victory.

Are you even aware that Hunt was on a 3 fight losing streak before being GRANTED A WILDCARD for his exciting Homer Simpson style?

He lost to Hoost and Graham but still got into the Final 8 because Cro Cop was injured.

Then Sefo defeated him. Yet he still got a wildcard because Sefo had to pull out due to an eye injury.

He had a great run after that to win the tournament although the Filho fight was very close, but Hunt's K-1 crown is the definition of fluke. No way in hell was he the best in the world like the K-1 WGP is supposed to represent.

And all of this was in 2001, nothing like Overeem's recent stint. To claim Hunt is still a "world class kickboxer" when he hasn't won a kickboxing match in a ****ing decade is laughable.

Comment

Here's the fight.

And to follow up on your nonsense, did you forget that Alistair Overeem beat the hell out of a fresh Peter Aerts a year before? So much to prove there. Atleast Alistair didn't get wildcard after wildcard after losing to finally win his tournament.

Comment

Hunt wasnt even dominating that much on his feet vs struve.. before the stoppage..

Infact he looked gassed and on hia way to a dec loss..

Even if jds decides to trade id give him the advantage.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X