Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 157 PPV they have Rousey/Carmouche as the Main Event..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Title fights always get top billing....
    Sure thing. Keep on defending this nonsense.

They could put it on the second billing just as well. It would make no difference.

Zuffa's just ridiculous.

They also probably don't want to have 2 5-round fights, since they decided headliners are now 5-rounders, and they feel they can't go back on this.

Zuffa's just amateurish and ridiculous. That's all this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      Sure thing. Keep on defending this nonsense.

They could put it on the second billing just as well. It would make no difference.

Zuffa's just ridiculous.

They also probably don't want to have 2 5-round fights, since they decided headliners are now 5-rounders, and they feel they can't go back on this.

Zuffa's just amateurish and ridiculous. That's all this is.
      I'm not defending shit. Calm down chief. I was just stating the facts. UFC always gives title fights top billing....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        I'm not defending shit. Calm down chief. I was just stating the facts. UFC always gives title fights top billing....
        Oh, my mistake. You aren't defending. Just repeating verbatim the Zuffa line.

The Zuffa hatchet man, Sonnen, stated it already.

Comment

On paper Carmouche has lost to every high level fighter she has come up against. The UFC wanted Rousey to fight McMann but McMann declined because she felt she wasn't ready for Rousey just yet. That would have been a very credible fight, Carmouche sucks. Not really an interesting card to me personally outside the Hendo v Machida fight.

The UFC really have taken the piss the way they make it seem as though Cyborg is ducking Rousey though. Cyborg could not even make 145 in some of her fights (apparently she came in at 152) and now they want her to come all the way down to 135 lmao. It is harder for women to drop weight and to get a lower bodyfat than men. Ronda fought at 155/150/145 for most of her competitive career, why can't they make a superfight for women happen at 145? I could understand if Ronda never fought at that weight before but she has fought most of her fighting/competing career above 135. It's funny to me that Dana criticises Boxing and the problems with making the big fights happen but look at the UFC right now, they can't make GSP v A.Silva, A.Silva vs J.Jones, Rousey vs Cyborg, Cormier vs Cain. I am not even a fan of Cyborg or really a fan of WMMA in general it does not appeal to me but if its part of a quality card or a huge fight i'll probably catch a glimpse of it just to see what the hype was about, i.e. Rousey v Tate, Cyborg vs Carano.

Oh and one more thing, I find it totally ridiculous that Ronda is the UFC champion when she hasn't even fought there. They should have setup a tournament style similar as to what they are doing with the 170 division right now with the contenders. I know they did this with the WEC but so what? It does not make it right. They could have made it more interesting that way imo as well.
          Last edited by hayZ; 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            IMO, they're just trying to sell a gimmick. And it will likely backfire.
            Idk, some people dont like to see women beating the crap out of each other and they might abstain from buying the ppv because of this.
            But rousey was a top draw for showtime so im guessing zuffa knows what they're doing, we dont get ufc ppv figures so i guess we will never know

Comment

You cant handle that the fights arent in the right order for you? Sounds like a silly reason to complain.

Comment

I think its cool they are doing that.

Comment

I hate this main event only because it takes 2 rounds away from Machida-Henderson.

Can you imagine if Henderson-Shogun was only 3 rounds.

That's my big beef with this. Why does a women's fight have to be 5 rounds? They're gonna gas out after the 1st round anyway. Women barely have ko power to begin with, after the 3rd round they'll have even less punching power. It'll be a glorified pillow fight. Not being sexist its just facts. That's why women's tennis matches are a best of 3 sets not best of 5 like the men's tennis matches. Women are just not physically capable of lasting as long as men.

Rousey-Carmouche should be a main event on Fuel or FX. Stealing 2 rounds from the Machida-Hendo fight is a disgrace.
                  Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                    I hate this main event only because it takes 2 rounds away from Machida-Henderson.

Can you imagine if Henderson-Shogun was only 3 rounds.

That's my big beef with this. Why does a women's fight have to be 5 rounds? They're gonna gas out after the 1st round anyway. Women barely have ko power to begin with, after the 3rd round they'll have even less punching power. It'll be a glorified pillow fight. Not being sexist its just facts. That's why women's tennis matches are a best of 3 sets not best of 5 like the men's tennis matches. Women are just not physically capable of lasting as long as men.

Rousey-Carmouche should be a main event on Fuel or FX. Stealing 2 rounds from the Machida-Hendo fight is a disgrace.
                    true hendo vs machida on 3 rounds could end up like rampage vs machida, 5 rounds took the fight to another level

Comment

Hendo vs. Machida should be a 5 rounder...

Comment

Working...
                      X