No announcement yet.

How can anyone not like "Bones"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Really? I've only heard of good encounters with Vanderlei. How they told him he had to leave the signing because they where out of time so he went outside and signed everyone who was still waiting's stuff for them. He's pretty much noted as one of the nicest guys in MMA from fans. Always ready to take a pic. He'll even do the famous stare down if you ask. The only guys who where ever a prick to me where Ken Shamrock, Chuck Liddell, and Wes Sims. But it Wes' defense, he had just had the **** kicked out of him by Frank Mir.
    Thats funny you say Chuck Liddell, i saw him and his brother upstairs in the VIP section at Studio 54 in the MGM when he was still the champ and the biggest thing in the UFC. Hell at the time his picture was covering half of the front of the Hotel, anyway i said to him that i roll with his coach John Lewis every time i go to Vegas and he told me to sit down and have a drink! Super cool dude! So what reaction someone gets all depends on when you catch these guys because they are human too. That is why i dont care how a fighter acts when they are not fighting. P.S. The hands down nicest guy in the UFC is Forrest Griffin. Dude is always at the Hard Rock Hotel, last time i saw him me and my friends talked to him about silly **** for almost 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Like Dan Henderson said, "Jon Jones is not the most genuine guy." I'd respect him more if he'd stop pretending to be a nice, humble guy and let his true personality show. Plus how can you respect a guy who calls Dana White to ask him to tell Chael Sonnen to stop being mean to him on Twitter or who begs Dana to stop talking badly about that piece of **** Greg Jackson. A guy who has to be told "Go check on him Jon! Go get some fans!" It's crazy that someone of that talent is one of the least popular fighters in the UFC. I believe if he where to be himself, he'd gain more respect, fans, and money than he does with his obviously see thru attempts at being a humble nice guy...

As for hating him because he's black? ***** please.

Rampage
      A. Silva
      Pele
      Manhouf
      A. Overeem
      Lorenze Larkin
      Phil Davis

I'm a fan of these guys and more, but I hate Jones because he's black?
      Don't forget the time that he listed Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali and Dana White as his 3 heroes

What massive brown nose move that was.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
        Damn bro relax! I don't think anyone called you out specifically, and why dose he have to be more "genuine" to anybody when he is not fighting, when it is obvious he is not very comfortable in the public eye and he is trying to do the best he can with it. And i guess i am in the minority when i say that i don't care how genuine he is outside of the octagon, because that motherf*ucker is as genuine as hell inside of it!
        It is pretty weak to claim that people don't like him because he's black. It is also completely inaccurate.

Comment

I understand what your saying, but those fighters you listed are very comfortable in the public eye and love the attention, but a true story about Wanderlei, me and my boys were in Vegas after a UFC fight and we had a table in Pure nightclub next to the "Axe Murderer" and we tried to give him some love and send him a bottle and he was the most arrogant as*hole ever. He told the waiter to send the bottle back because he could buy his own
          What exactly did you expect to happen? He's out on the town having a good time, and some dudes a table over are bothering him and trying to select his drink for him. He was probably drinking something a little better than you all could afford as well. Like giving a guy a blended scotch who drinks 12 year single malt only.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            What exactly did you expect to happen? He's out on the town having a good time, and some dudes a table over are bothering him and trying to select his drink for him. He was probably drinking something a little better than you all could afford as well. Like giving a guy a blended scotch who drinks 12 year single malt only.
            Wow man, why do feel the need to attack me? I was just relating what happened, and no he was NOT drinking something better than we could afford that's why we sent it. Hahaha and actually the bottle that we sent was much more expensive than the **** that was on his table so i think thats why he sent it back. And we were bothering him? UM no Sorry no fan-boy here my friend just said "hey look its Silva lets send him a bottle". Thanks for playing

Comment

It is pretty weak to claim that people don't like him because he's black. It is also completely inaccurate.
              And i am glad you can speak for EVERYBODY, that's got to be a tremendous weight on shoulders

Comment

Wow man, why do feel the need to attack me? I was just relating what happened, and no he was NOT drinking something better than we could afford that's why we sent it. Hahaha and actually the bottle that we sent was much more expensive than the **** that was on his table so i think thats why he sent it back. And we were bothering him? UM no Sorry no fan-boy here my friend just said "hey look its Silva lets send him a bottle". Thanks for playing
                Not really attacking you so much. But it does seem pretty pretentious to try and buy a bottle for a celebrity who's just enjoying himself in a club. Like you're trying to buy favor with them, despite the fact that Wand. probably has plenty of money. Like you're trying to behold him to some strangers who he knows nothing about.

Comment

And i am glad you can speak for EVERYBODY, that's got to be a tremendous weight on shoulders
                  Give me a break. You, not a fan boy eh? Yet you can't even tolerate people criticizing one of your idles on the internet without crying foul.

Comment

Give me a break. You, not a fan boy eh? Yet you can't even tolerate people criticizing one of your idles on the internet without crying foul.
                    Nope, no fan boy here. and who said he was my idol? Like i stated in my prior reply's I don't care what anybody does when they are not fighting so that takes me completely out of the fan-boy realm. I just asked a question to see peoples response that is all. I have been around professional fighters all of my life so it's no big deal. And that was the first time i have ever seen those primetimes because i really dont care what they do or how they do it when they are not fighting but i just could not understand why he gets the hate because noting was offensive to me about his persona . I pay my money to see a fight. and please show me where i defended my "idol" Like you defended you idol Silva when you were not even there

Comment

If you only like fighters for what they do inside the ring, that's cool. I can respect that, but I'm not like that. I respect Jon's ability and realize there probably isn't a LHW that can beat him right now, but I won't be rooting for him anytime soon....

Comment

Working...
                      X