No announcement yet.

Wrestled with a blue belt ju-jitsu pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Bozz, shut the hell up already. You sound like a pretentious prick. Based on your posts, I would guess you've never grappled a day in your life.

Caut, glad you got to have a go and enjoyed yourself. I'm sure you do have a bit of natural talent from the sound of it.
    Don't worry about Bozz, I hurt his feelings a long time ago and he follows me around now.

It was fun to say the least and like I said, he is 30 lbs lighter than me. The other guy that is training at my gym is a guy named Marcelo Grilo, dude looks like a beast. He said he had over 30 bare knuckle fights in Brazil in the vale tudo (sp?).

He's preparing for a fight in Nov in Virginia for Belator.

I have always been a good athlete, played HS football, boxed but I am in my late 30's now and my body isn't the same as it was. He did hurt my left thigh when he kicked it to get up somehow, I really like watching them grapple and do different moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Don't worry about Bozz, I hurt his feelings a long time ago and he follows me around now.

It was fun to say the least and like I said, he is 30 lbs lighter than me. The other guy that is training at my gym is a guy named Marcelo Grilo, dude looks like a beast. He said he had over 30 bare knuckle fights in Brazil in the vale tudo (sp?).

He's preparing for a fight in Nov in Virginia for Belator.

I have always been a good athlete, played HS football, boxed but I am in my late 30's now and my body isn't the same as it was. He did hurt my left thigh when he kicked it to get up somehow, I really like watching them grapple and do different moves.
      Oh no kidding? I've seen some of Grilo's fights in Bellator. I wish him luck in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        man, Cuauh, I believe you. When I studied judo I was getting private lessons by a guy who was training his kid for some junior championships. They were both black belts, dad was a registered instructor.

the kid's fitness level and technique were perfect and he had no trouble tossing me around even though i outweighed him by eight pounds but when i rolled with his dad, the experienced one, who was just out of shape and twenty years older than I, i nearly choked him out with his Gi. he reversed it on me eventually but brute strength can surely help if you're in there with somebody whose technique is off or who is out of shape slightly, etc.
        Real **** right here. Dudes act like natural physical ability doesn't play a major roll in combat sports. Anybody saying they can't believe some of these stories are simply ignorant to the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          do you even grammer
          Why go there ?
          This is a combat forum where I post my thoughts idc about being precise you got the point didn't you ?

Comment

Here's a pic of us I edited myself out because I don't like to post images of myself on here and you can see Marcelo Grilo and the guy a wrestled. They come to the gym to learn boxing from me and the head trainer, really good guys.

I wrestled the guy all the way to the left, I'm all the way to the right. Marcelo Grilo is in the middle.

Photobucket

Comment

Comment

Cool guy, he's showed me some moves to fend guys off in a street fight. Obviously my boxing is really good but when it comes to wrestling or grappling I'm lost.

We have so much fun at that gym, he sparred our top pro, a 135 lber and he was taking shots like I have never seen. His boxing isn't great but he's a tough dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Cool guy, he's showed me some moves to fend guys off in a street fight. Obviously my boxing is really good but when it comes to wrestling or grappling I'm lost.

We have so much fun at that gym, he sparred our top pro, a 135 lber and he was taking shots like I have never seen. His boxing isn't great but he's a tough dude.
                  Lol, that was my take away from also watching some footage on a highlight tape. Boxing isn't his base, but he seems to get the job done okay. I recognize his background is jiu jitsu, but in looking at the footage I was thinking "keep teaching him the slick moves, Cuauht." Comparing the older footage on the highlight tape though he's definitely better in his Bellator fights than in some of the older footage. Just from a viewer's perspective of course. That's one of the common tendencies in MMA; grapplers trying to learn to strike, strikers trying to learn to grapple. He had an interesting style though. Must be from the bareknuckle vale tudo fights .

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
                    Why go there ?
                    This is a combat forum where I post my thoughts idc about being precise you got the point didn't you ?
                    I'm just busting your balls calm down

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      do you even grammer
                      Grammer

Comment

Working...
                      X