No announcement yet.

Shoguns cardio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoguns cardio?

What's the deal with his cardio? Is it due to his knee. His best fight in the UFC was machida 1. I've noticed he also doesn't throw that many leg kicks anymore.

His knees are fuked but that shouldn't be an excuse for his conditioning being as bad as it's been. He either doesn't do any S&C or his trainer doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

It's only because of Shogun's chin and sheer will power that he's avoided being knocked out in some of these fight he's been in. Because it seems like after his first big flurry, he's completely spent.

I mean he should have completely wrecked Vera in less than 2, but instead he made him look slightly relevant. Shogun won't be reaching the top any time soon, nor will he be posing much threat to Jones with a gas tank that bad

Comment

Anyone else think that Shogun was jobbing Vera, just making him look good? I think at the end of the 2nd Shogun was on his back and Vera was doing this body bump move and Shogun had this hilarious look on his face. He was kind of just staring off in space wondering how long he has to put up with this guy.

Comment

Shogun has always had terrible cardio. His S&C coach might be Bobb Sapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Tribe View Post
          Shogun has always had terrible cardio. His S&C coach might be Bobb Sapp.
          This. He's shown good cardio twice in his career. when he fought little nog and when he fought against Machida. Otherwise it's been **** and he has never lasted too long. He's just that skilled to finish ****ers that quick.

Comment

for a LHW, I reckon Shogun pushes a hell of a pace in his fights, He could hold off like he did in the first Machida fight and have gas, but when Shogun throws down, he throws with intent unlike many fighters that take forever to measure range and uncommitted shots.

Comment

Working...
            X