Collapse
No announcement yet.

This man should replace Reem against JDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Mir will NOT be getting the shot against JDS, Dana White has announced that at least. In an ideal world it would be awesome if they brought in Fedor for the fight but Fedors already announced his next fights in June in Russia. What other SOLID heavyweight with good appeal can you put on this card against JDS? Mark Hunt probably doesn't deserve it but I would be looking forward to this fight eventhough JDS should be able to outpoint the **** out of him.

Overeem really disappointed me though....I was looking forward to this fight more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      Frank Mir will NOT be getting the shot against JDS, Dana White has announced that at least. In an ideal world it would be awesome if they brought in Fedor for the fight but Fedors already announced his next fights in June in Russia. What other SOLID heavyweight with good appeal can you put on this card against JDS? Mark Hunt probably doesn't deserve it but I would be looking forward to this fight eventhough JDS should be able to outpoint the **** out of him.

Overeem really disappointed me though....I was looking forward to this fight more than any other.
      Hunt is the next best guy available. Complete seriousness.

Comment

If Frank isn't in it I would guess Hunt would be at the front of the line.. Well God damn.

Comment

If they don't bring in Fedor to get the shot (which I don't think they will), then I really hope Hunt gets it.

Not only is it a Rocky story, but Mark Hunt is awesome and would stand a legit shot at beating JDS as long as dos Santos didn't surprise everyone and take the fight to the ground. On the feet though, Hunt has a chance against ANYONE in the MMA Heavyweight Division.

Comment

Originally posted by jmt225 View Post
            If they don't bring in Fedor to get the shot (which I don't think they will), then I really hope Hunt gets it.

Not only is it a Rocky story, but Mark Hunt is awesome and would stand a legit shot at beating JDS as long as dos Santos didn't surprise everyone and take the fight to the ground. On the feet though, Hunt has a chance against ANYONE in the MMA Heavyweight Division.
            Hunt has an advantage over everyone. If this fight goes through we will definitely see JDS' takedowns.

Comment

Watch them give it to Werdum or something stupid. Hunt deserves it right after Mir.

Originally posted by jmt225 View Post

Lol @ "a chance" Mark Hunt sparks anyone out that is stupid enough to stand with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfoot View Post
                Hunt has an advantage over everyone. If this fight goes through we will definitely see JDS' takedowns.
                Nah man, I've seen Hunt get KO'd by a 185 lb'er. I forgot the kids name, but I think it was in PRIDE.

Hunt's standup is great in kickboxing. Not so much MMA. I don't know if it's the gloves or what.

JDS would smash Hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Nah man, I've seen Hunt get KO'd by a 185 lb'er. I forgot the kids name, but I think it was in PRIDE.

Hunt's standup is great in kickboxing. Not so much MMA. I don't know if it's the gloves or what.

JDS would smash Hunt.
                  Hunt was knocked out when he ran dead into Melvin Manhoef's right hand, I would wager money that he hits harder than Dos Santos can. Hunt's chin is still granite.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

JDS would smash Hunt.
                    "Nah man"

Saying someone can't stand up because they got sparked out by Melvin Manhoef, haha. Hunt's chin is still light years ahead of anyone in the heavyweight division and there is a reason everyone tries to take him down.

You should stick to boxing, genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfoot View Post
                      "Nah man"

Saying someone can't stand up because they got sparked out by Melvin Manhoef, haha. Hunt's chin is still light years ahead of anyone in the heavyweight division and there is a reason everyone tries to take him down.

You should stick to boxing, genius.
                      Why are you getting so defensive like a 6 year old because I disagree with you and think JDS would smash Hunt?

Hunt's been KO'd before, so me thinking this isn't like the world's coming to an end.

Hunt's good, but he never really made that transfer to MMA. Yes, he beat Congo and had a few victories in the UFC, but let's not jump the gun here and say that he stands a chance against JDS. Because put frankly, he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X