No announcement yet.

Frankie Edgar won that freaking fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I think Bendo won too man, I'm not arguing that. But considering the stats and by watching it a couple times, it wasn't a runaway fight, it was close and competitive even though Frankie had 1 eye from round 2 on, which makes how close it was even more impressive IMO....
    Frankie was winning early and middle rds if you score every min the same i had Frankie edging it out,i am completely fine with a Bendo win there even if the guy should be at ww.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Must be nice beating a guy 15 pds smaller then you,when will they change the archaic weight cutting sht,if you walk around at 185 fight at 185.
      Weight cutting is a part of combat sports, all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Which means nothing when a fight is scored round by round...
        I disagree and had Benson winning at least 3 rounds regardless. How did you see it?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          I disagree and had Benson winning at least 3 rounds regardless. How did you see it?
          I had Benson winning 3 rounds as well, but UFC fights are not scored by overall damage like Pride fights where, they are scored round by round. Which means a guy can get marked up horribly in the first round, and win the rest of the rounds on points and be declared the winner. Check out Penn vs GSP 1. Penn busted GSP up pretty bad in the first round but was taken down and pointed for the next 2. After the fight GSP looked the worst but the fight was scored 29-28 in his favor because it's scored on a 10 must round by round basis...

Comment

Close fight. Thought Edgar edged it out even tho Benson looked prettier after the fight.

Comment

I don't have time to watch the fight again (almost want to now, but I'm traveling tomorrow and won't have a chance for a while), but when I was watching the fight I didn't think it was even close really.

I was actually pulling for Edgar a little, honestly Henderson sort of rubs me the wrong way with his whole god thing, but when I was watching the fight, it seemed to me like Henderson was pretty much doing what he wanted with Edgar. Sure Edgar landed his fair share of shots, but they didn't have nearly the same effect as Henderson's (and this is born out in the after-fight apperances of each guy).

I was surprized that it was a controversial fight. But, this is just one man's opinion.

Comment

Subjectively speaking, one has to be a complete ****ing imbecile to believe that Frankie Edgar won his fight against Benson Henderson. A complete ****ing imbecile.

E

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
                  Subjectively speaking, one has to be a complete ****ing imbecile to believe that Frankie Edgar won his fight against Benson Henderson. A complete ****ing imbecile.

E
                  Right, because the stats show that it was a one sided beating. Oh wait, they show that Bendo only landed 19 more strikes thruout the fight. The only reason I gave the fight to Bendo is because I think he stole Round 2. Quit being a moron.....

Comment

Is this amateur boxing, ****stick? Oh no: it is PROFESSIONAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Who the **** cares how many times one guy slaps another except amateur boxing fans? Damage, mother****er. Damage. Edgar did none. In sum - **** you, idiot; you do not know a damn thing about judging. And you are a tool.

E

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
                      Is this amateur boxing, ****stick? Oh no: it is PROFESSIONAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Who the **** cares how many times one guy slaps another except amateur boxing fans? Damage, mother****er. Damage. Edgar did none. In sum - **** you, idiot; you do not know a damn thing about judging. And you are a tool.

E
                      Actually the stats show Frankie landed more power shots to the head, and unfortunately, fights are scored on a round by round basis. All the damage was done in the 2nd round which means there are 4 more rounds to score separately. Apparently you're the one that doesn't know a damn thing about judging.....
                      Last edited by kaps; 03-01-2012, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X