Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: "Overeem isn´t a top 10 MMA-fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did overeem get that cut between his eyes? i didn't see brock land a punch? did he connect with one of those glancing jabs or something?

i don't know a whole lot about overeem because im not that big into MMA. . . but from what i have seen he is a straight killer with SURGICAL PRECISION on his strikes. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
      how did overeem get that cut between his eyes? i didn't see brock land a punch? did he connect with one of those glancing jabs or something?

i don't know a whole lot about overeem because im not that big into MMA. . . but from what i have seen he is a straight killer with SURGICAL PRECISION on his strikes. . .
      When I watched it, it looked to me like it was indeed a grazing jab that cut him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post

Its funny cause ive watched this fight a few times and still dont know how it happen the only thing I could think of is Reem scratched himself to hard just a bad fight for non MMA people to watch. As for all of us that dont miss a fight this was called as soon as we heard the match up.

Comment

as well as running like a girl, Brock mustve had fingernails like a girl too

Comment

When Lucia Rijker hits harder than Houston Alexander, you know MMA boxing doesn't count for ****. Nate Diaz as great as he looked, these punches of his and no head movement, he might get destroyed by a journeyman. MMA boxing is ridiculous and not that Overeem's boxing is great, he can't handle Badr Hari for 30 seconds in a boxing contest. Francoi Botha finished like 3rd or smth in K1, I saw his fight with Bonjanski. Francois Botha no kicking , kneeeingm, muy thai experience. Wlad Klitschko will destroy Overem ina standup fight. JDS can beat him only of Overeem is on drugs or smth. There is a reason MMA fighters don;t go to boxing where the money is. Their boxing ain't worth ****. So in other words, people shouldn't be banking on JDS boxing.
            Last edited by pesticid; 01-05-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

It cracks me up when people say "Go to boxing where the money is." Only the top few guys make anything over a million a fight. The average boxer makes maybe a $1000 per fight. The going rate is about $100 per round. Tv Undercard fighters can expect to make $5000 - $10000 per fight. Nate Diaz earned $74000 dollars for his undercard fight with Cerrone and a $75000 bonus for Fight of the Night....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                It cracks me up when people say "Go to boxing where the money is." Only the top few guys make anything over a million a fight. The average boxer makes maybe a $1000 per fight. The going rate is about $100 per round. Tv Undercard fighters can expect to make $5000 - $10000 per fight. Nate Diaz earned $74000 dollars for his undercard fight with Cerrone and a $75000 bonus for Fight of the Night....
                The problem with this statement is that the top of UFC makes only a fraction of what the top of boxing makes and the bottom of UFC makes only a fraction of what the bottom of boxing makes.

Koscheck made $10,000 to get smashed by GSP. Friday Night boxers on ESPN are making around $25,000 per fight. So Koscheck could've tried for ESPN or Fox or whatever for a bigger purse, but his boxing ain't good enough even for the lower echelon of boxers.

Anyway I didn't want to get into the money aspect, I was just trying to make a point that boxing in MMA is not the same as boxing in boxing and that people giving JDS a great chance to beat Overeem cause of his boxing is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                  When Lucia Rijker hits harder than Houston Alexander, you know MMA boxing doesn't count for ****. Nate Diaz as great as he looked, these punches of his and no head movement, he might get destroyed by a journeyman. MMA boxing is ridiculous and not that Overeem's boxing is great, he can't handle Badr Hari for 30 seconds in a boxing contest. Francoi Botha finished like 3rd or smth in K1, I saw his fight with Bonjanski. Francois Botha no kicking , kneeeingm, muy thai experience. Wlad Klitschko will destroy Overem ina standup fight. JDS can beat him only of Overeem is on drugs or smth. There is a reason MMA fighters don;t go to boxing where the money is. Their boxing ain't worth ****. So in other words, people shouldn't be banking on JDS boxing.
                  What are you even talking about? This isn't boxing, it's MMA.. I'm a bodyguard by profession, that is like me claiming that you couldn't protect your family because you're not a certified armed guard. Fact is it is MMA and Overeem is a VERY DOMINANT heavyweight KICKBOXER, who knocked BADR HARI out in their first bout. Put a heavyweight boxer in the cage with MMA rules and there is no doubt in my mind that Overeem would fair okay standing with his leg kicks and kicks to the liver. You need to stop acting like kickboxers can't compete with boxers standing dude, that's just ludicrous.

Let's stop with the MMA vs Boxing dude, its makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                    What are you even talking about? This isn't boxing, it's MMA.. I'm a bodyguard by profession, that is like me claiming that you couldn't protect your family because you're not a certified armed guard. Fact is it is MMA and Overeem is a VERY DOMINANT heavyweight KICKBOXER, who knocked BADR HARI out in their first bout. Put a heavyweight boxer in the cage with MMA rules and there is no doubt in my mind that Overeem would fair okay standing with his leg kicks and kicks to the liver. You need to stop acting like kickboxers can't compete with boxers standing dude, that's just ludicrous.

Let's stop with the MMA vs Boxing dude, its makes no sense.
                    Bro,

Quit overreacting, I didn't say boxing is better than MMA or nothing like that. What I said is that JDS's chances of beating Reem cause of his "superior" boxing are exaggerated because MMA boxing is not all that. Kickboxers can compete with boxers standing up, well I am not sure about the elite ones like Wlad and Vitaly. However, JDS is not a boxer. Again you're misreading my part and overacting a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                      Bro,

Quit overreacting, I didn't say boxing is better than MMA or nothing like that. What I said is that JDS's chances of beating Reem cause of his "superior" boxing are exaggerated because MMA boxing is not all that. Kickboxers can compete with boxers standing up, well I am not sure about the elite ones like Wlad and Vitaly. However, JDS is not a boxer. Again you're misreading my part and overacting a bit.
                      I agree. Here's JDS sparring a middleweight boxer (Erivan Conceição).

Comment

Working...
                      X