Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Jeff Monson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when does Fedor not go to the ground? This fad excuse is really ridiculous. Overeem's not done much on the ground since LHW, you can call him a striker. JDS never goes to the ground...striker. Liddel never grappled, striker. Fedor's got more subs then dec or ko's. Fedor loves the ground, hell we've seen him invite a ground battle many times. You mean to tell me Fedor is not shot, but respects Monson ground game? Since the **** when? Why didn't he respect Randlemans?

Josh Curran also beat Big Country, watch out for the amazing Curran. Sergei? Not including K-1 He lost to Fedor's ****ty brother. Best watch out for Alex he isn't getting KO'd in the first by cans. I love me some Cormier, but upon his decision wins you've got Devin Cole...**** offer him a SF title shot *****, and JDS got beaten Joaquim on a rematch. Even though he's got nine losses hell. He should be number one contender. eh? There's some stupid ass nonsense mma math that dont prove nothing for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
      I have to admit, that was very nice fluid move, a thing of beauty for sure.

Nah, he's lost it boys. He looked silly. I laughed at that fight like it was a Butterbean, or Valuev fight. Just novelty. Fedor's gapping was horrid. Half the fight I wanted so bad just to stop them and up him in the right position. Second his reaction time has dropped. His ****ty guard doesn't work if his feet aren't there, and boys he ain't even close. Fedor's always had this ridiculous sloppy form. swings as oppose to hooks etc. Now that he's slowed down he really telegraphs. All these flaws revealed by a dec fight against an old fighter who didn't make much of himself at prime. I love Fedor and don't mean to just attack him, but yeah. Retire.
      Stop talking noob.

Coming into the Fedor fight Monson was 9-1 in his last 10 fights. His only loss in that last ten was against Daniel Cormier.

Fedor's reaction time has slowed down but even so he is still faster than Cain. Fedor's reaction time and striking was good enough to cripple Monson while avoiding being hit. Cain on the other hand just got KOed on his feet.

Fedor didn't want to risk any ground game, but he gave Monson a real beating. I hope he comes to the UFC because I still think he could test Do Santos or anyone else.
      Fedor used to fight his opponents even in their strong points. He would grapple with ADCC champs and strike with K1 fighters. No other fighter does this. I dont blame him for doing a 180, why fight on the ground with an ADCC champ when youve got an obvious upper hand striking.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Since when does Fedor not go to the ground? This fad excuse is really ridiculous. Overeem's not done much on the ground since LHW, you can call him a striker. JDS never goes to the ground...striker. Liddel never grappled, striker. Fedor's got more subs then dec or ko's. Fedor loves the ground, hell we've seen him invite a ground battle many times. You mean to tell me Fedor is not shot, but respects Monson ground game? Since the **** when? Why didn't he respect Randlemans?

Josh Curran also beat Big Country, watch out for the amazing Curran. Sergei? Not including K-1 He lost to Fedor's ****ty brother. Best watch out for Alex he isn't getting KO'd in the first by cans. I love me some Cormier, but upon his decision wins you've got Devin Cole...**** offer him a SF title shot *****, and JDS got beaten Joaquim on a rematch. Even though he's got nine losses hell. He should be number one contender. eh? There's some stupid ass nonsense mma math that dont prove nothing for ya.
        It's called strategy. Fedor had a huge advantage over Monson on the feet. Fedor, though very proficient on the ground (his foundation being sambo and judo), did not go to the ground against Monson, the ground being Monson's strongest area, because he was so superior on the feet.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
          Fedor used to fight his opponents even in their strong points. He would grapple with ADCC champs and strike with K1 fighters.
          this pretty much sums it up. Explains what makes him so great amongst other things.

Comment

Yeah I get that. But why? Fedor's went to the ground so many times with dudes better. Why is he changing his fighting style to suit cans? Why is he in the least bit respectful of Jeff ****ing Monson's skills any where? Prime Fedor didn't give a **** boys, and this ain't prime Fedor. It's ****ing old bull**** Fedor.

Again, Fedor isn't a just a striker. Fedor's always been well rounded, and never shied from a ground game. He fights different because he is different. This strategy nonsense is nonsense. If Overeem had pulled that **** against ****ing Monson I'd say he's useless too. WTF next? JDS gonna take ****ing Tommy Trauma to dec and no one calls him over?

Comment

liddel is a grappler who has power and slightly better striking skills than the average grappler. he used his wrestling background to stand up with other grapplers who cant fight for **** on their feet and knock em out. anytime he stood up with someone who could strike he got knocked clean out, except overeem. and overeem was beating him until liddell caught him with one big punch.

Comment

Yeah I get that. But why? Fedor's went to the ground so many times with dudes better. Why is he changing his fighting style to suit cans? Why is he in the least bit respectful of Jeff ****ing Monson's skills any where? Prime Fedor didn't give a **** boys, and this ain't prime Fedor. It's ****ing old bull**** Fedor.

Again, Fedor isn't a just a striker. Fedor's always been well rounded, and never shied from a ground game. He fights different because he is different. This strategy nonsense is nonsense. If Overeem had pulled that **** against ****ing Monson I'd say he's useless too. WTF next? JDS gonna take ****ing Tommy Trauma to dec and no one calls him over?
                Fedor needed a win. He fought cautiously, which is a good change following his recent slip ups. No need to take chances, just get the win, and he beet the hell out of Monson.

Comment

Well, **** me. Word Nodogoshi. Dude really did need that W bad, but it also seemed to me he needed more then a Dec over a Big Tim era contender. To be honest I hope I'm way off, but what I saw just made me sad, then chuckle. Maybe i'm stuck on old Fedor. I'll be happy when he's back to smacking around the strikers and choking the grapplers. I don't understand not accepting your not top comp anymore and just stepping down a bit. I've really enjoyed ProElite's AA fights.

Assassin. dude Vitor sprang to mind very quickly, and plus. He got knocked out by everyone once he got old. Before that he'd been KO'd by randy and rampage. 1-1 I get what they're saying, but I disagree with the notion that Chuck started getting KO'd because he started fighting strikers.

Comment

Put the same expectations on the other fighters
                    * why didnt Overeem go to ground with Werdum?
                    * why didnt Cain go to ground with Brock?
                    * why didnt JDS go to ground with Zombie Nog?

Im glad that Fedor is no longer going where his enemies are at their strongest, afterall he is no longer the young crazy invincible buy he was. In saying that he would still beat most if not all of todays HW's (so long as hes cautious and follows a game plan). It just goes to show how ahead of his times Fedor was, when even now, no one has really showed as well rounded as him.

Monson is a two time ADCC grappling champion, the last time JDS went up against a semi decent grappler on the ground, he got submitted.

Comment

Your point is sound, but your examples do hang me up. Like I said before. To me Fedor was better at both stand up and ground games then anyone else around. We both agree old Fedor don't give a **** what your good at. He's 100% confident he can beat you. That was probably my biggest attraction to him. I guess what I'm saying is what y'all see as improvement I'm seeing negative. There's just no way my psyche can logically rationalize Fedor giving Monson respect is any field. I get that that's his strength. I get that. But Monson on his best day in his best way should be a walk in the park for Fedor. Monson was a Tim Sylvia title contender. Fedor beat Tim by way of KO. The next champ of that era AA by way of KO, but the loser of the era. Thats who he's got to worry about. Fedor was cautious against a fella I'm not impressed with. He respected skills I've no respect for. You don't gotta keep posting his AC wins I read them. I just don't care. Fedor used to be the destroyer of champions and now he's out pointer of bums. I just upsets me.

On a different note. I really hope the best for him. Not a lot of times you hope to be wrong, but really I'd love to see him back in the big time.

Comment

Working...
                      X