No announcement yet.

boxing or muay thai ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    This is correct but then again, it's not fun being punched with a 1-2 straight. Because the punches might be shorter from a Thai stance but they don't have near the leverage on them.

So it's whatever, mixing both together and you have the ultimate striking.
    the tai kicks are extremely powerful. legs are the biggest muscles in the body it only makes sense to use them. seeing silva **** up rich franklin convinced me that muy tai is the ****

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
      the tai kicks are extremely powerful. legs are the biggest muscles in the body it only makes sense to use them. seeing silva **** up rich franklin convinced me that muy tai is the ****
      It's rough, dirty and probably the most brutal of all arts.

For one, the idea in MT is to have a strong belly. Because your hands are kept high preventing face shots and keeping you in best position to initiate the clinch on the back of the head. From that stance comes the knees elbows all that jazz. You must absorb punishment to compete in MT.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

It's rough, dirty and probably the most brutal of all arts.

For one, the idea in MT is to have a strong belly. Because your hands are kept high preventing face shots and keeping you in best position to initiate the clinch on the back of the head. From that stance comes the knees elbows all that jazz. You must absorb punishment to compete in MT.
        i think any boxer will have a hard time knocking out a guy whos' used to taking kicks from soemone with strong legs, how are my little fists supposed to hurt the guy. those close knee kicks though, they look devastating, like throwing a short, straight punch from a short distance

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
          i think any boxer will have a hard time knocking out a guy whos' used to taking kicks from soemone with strong legs, how are my little fists supposed to hurt the guy. those close knee kicks though, they look devastating, like throwing a short, straight punch from a short distance
          Yeah deadly,

The clinch limits range of movement and it works like a Compound bow + Arrow

You don't pull the string back, you push the bow away from you. In the MT clinch you don't simply clinch and throw strike, you pull the victim toward you while throwing strike, shortening up the distance and doing twice the damage.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Yeah deadly,

The clinch limits range of movement and it works like a Compound bow + Arrow

You don't pull the string back, you push the bow away from you. In the MT clinch you don't simply clinch and throw strike, you pull the victim toward you while throwing strike, shortening up the distance and doing twice the damage.
            i think, in a streetfight, using muy thai would end things rather quickly. the average guy can't take those kinds of shots to the body, one maybe two knees and he'd be down and out

Comment

Depends really. If you want to go into some kind of MMA path then Muay Thai is a better option. If you want to do it for protection is a street fight do boxing cos its less strict.

Comment

When kicking you lose balance, and cant move.

Also kicking range is easy to get out and in of

Comment

I think you can blend the two together. Use your hands for boxing, everything else mt strikes. Throw a nice 1 2 and follow it up with a rear leg roundhouse that they won't see coming. I like boxing, its great, esp for self defense but you have a lot more tools at your disposal with mt. Plus I would rather elbow someone in a streetfight than throw a punch and risk breaking my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
                    Plus I would rather elbow someone in a streetfight than throw a punch and risk breaking my hand.
                    Man great ****ing point.

Comment

Man great ****ing point.
                      Thanks. The hands are fragile, boxers breaking their hands isn't uncommon and I know they hit harder than the average person (obviously) but they have handwraps and gloves on. Breaking your hand in the middle of a streetfight would not be fun. But with that said I'm not saying don't punch someone if you have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X