No announcement yet.

Are Shogun's Day's Numbered?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
    It's true though. Everytime Shogun's come off a Knee Surgery he's looked like shit. Had a surgery before the Forrest fight. Had a surgery before the Coleman fight. Had a surgery before the Jones fight.

I'm not trying to discredit Jones's huge victory because it was incredible. I just think Shogun wasn't 100% last night.
    Jones looked great. No doubt about it.

Shogun just looked awful. AWFUL. He had nothing after 90 seconds. No strategy, no stamina, no strength. Nothing.

Go back and look at the buzzsaw that destroyed fools in 2005, and who raped Liddell, and Machida (x2). It sucks.

Comment

i knew he was ****ed when in the staredown
      he just didnt look like he was there to win, instead he looked like he was there not to lose

Comment

As I always say, Shogun isnt the fighter he was during his Pride years. Who did Shogun beat in UFC? A washed up Liddel? A tailor-made Machida? (Machida's stance is prone to elite MT's knee strike).

Then Rua was impressive in his rematch with Machida. Did it confirmed that Rua is back? I dunno, but what it confirmed was that Machida's first loss destroyed him mentally. Look how Machida fared against Rampage, was Machida as elusive like he was before?

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          As I always say, Shogun isnt the fighter he was during his Pride years. Who did Shogun beat in UFC? A washed up Liddel? A tailor-made Machida? (Machida's stance is prone to elite MT's knee strike).

Then Rua was impressive in his rematch with Machida. Did it confirmed that Rua is back? I dunno, but what it confirmed was that Machida's first loss destroyed him mentally. Look how Machida fared against Rampage, was Machida as elusive like he was before?
          yeah i guess man, but he just got so badly dominated i mean he got embarrased
          and yeah machida is a big dissapointment but no way he loses to couture

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
            yeah i guess man, but he just got so badly dominated i mean he got embarrased
            and yeah machida is a big dissapointment but no way he loses to couture
            Lol Couture would chase Machida all those 3 rounds.

Comment

Aside from the knee surgeries, I heard him mention in the interview prior to the fight that he had his appendix removed eight weeks before he faced Machida.
              If I heard correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
                It's true though. Everytime Shogun's come off a Knee Surgery he's looked like shit. Had a surgery before the Forrest fight. Had a surgery before the Coleman fight. Had a surgery before the Jones fight.

I'm not trying to discredit Jones's huge victory because it was incredible. I just think Shogun wasn't 100% last night.
                Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                Aside from the knee surgeries, I heard him mention in the interview prior to the fight that he had his appendix removed eight weeks before he faced Machida.
                If I heard correctly.
                it does seem like before or after every fight Shogun is injured, just thinking about the number of times he's had his ACL repaired doesn't look good to me

Comment

Working...
                X