No announcement yet.

Rampage vs Thiago Silva @ UFC 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage vs Thiago Silva @ UFC 130

Fresh off a dominating win over Brandon Vera at UFC 125, light heavyweight Thiago Silva (15-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) next will fight former champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) in a UFC 130 bout expected to have a major impact on the title picture.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place for the fight.

UFC 130 takes place May 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Jackson vs. Silva likely will be part of the pay-per-view main card, possibly in a headlining or co-headlining spot.

Despite fighting for the first time in a year due to injuries, Silva looked sharp in a lopsided unanimous-decision win over Vera this past week. Silva dominated the fight on the mat with frequent takedowns, a smothering top game, and ground and pound that ultimately broke his opponent's nose. In the end, the judges awarded the Brazilian the decision via scores of 30-26, 30-27 and 30-27.

Prior to the victory, Silva opened his career with a 13-0 mark but then went 1-2 with losses to former champs Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans and a knockout win over Keith Jardine.

Jackson, meanwhile, recently got back into the title picture and rebounded from his own loss to Evans with a close split-decision victory over Machida in November's UFC 123 headliner. It was his third win in the four fights since he lost his belt to Forrest Griffin in 2008. The former PRIDE star's other recent victories came over Wanderlei Silva (knockout) and Jardine (decision).

Jackson is probably gonna floor him with a counter. Stare down is sure to be epic though.

Comment

Can't wait... This is it for Rampage. He better let it all hang out. If he loses this fight, I don't ever see him getting to the top again.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        Jackson is probably gonna floor him with a counter. Stare down is sure to be epic though.

Id watch it just for this.

Comment

I think Rampage has got him standing but he needs to make sure he doesn't get taken down or stay down. Good fight.

Comment

I hope Rampage plays the drums on Silva.

Comment

Wow this is a sick match-up! If this isn't gonna be a war...siked!

Comment

gonna be a long wait for this matchup.

its gonna be a WAR!

Comment

Martijn de Jong made an offer to Rampage via twitter to train for the Silva fight with the Golden Glory camp

supposedly Golden Glory's opening a gym in Huntington Beach, California this month too, I know in the past Rampage has trained at a lot of the different mma gyms in orange county (Team Oyama/Team Punishment, etc.) so maybe it'll happen

Comment

I'd pay to watch Rampage spar Saki and Ubereem

Comment

Working...
                    X