No announcement yet.

I just turned off the free UFC event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    Shut the **** up. If you don't like MMA get the **** out. Theres no reason for you to be in here. You don't know ***** about MMA and the actual technique. Go choke on a dick.
    Your right, I dont know fuck about MMA. But I do know every thing about hand to hand combat. And I also know that the UFC is overraned by wrestlers, if your not ******ed like I think you are not you would agree that wrestlers never throw punches, I dont give a fuck if you were a high school wrestler and wrestled at the colegiate level, you never threw a single punch. Dont piss your pants because some one says that hand combat in MMA is subpar because its true.
    Last edited by Zarco; 10-16-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by py2o3434 View Post
      cool bro... you just missed a ko
      Luckily I turned it on in time to see the KO. That fight totally slipped my mind. I thought the Akyama-Bisping fight was the only one left for some reason and I thought that fight was gonna be boring but it turned out to be good too.

Comment

My bad for sounding off like a dick but we get a lot of idiots that come in here and just bash the sport. But that is very simple minded. As much as were exposed to boring wrestlers on a daily basis in the UFC the people that can strike are impressive. Guys like Shogun Rua, Mirko Cro Cop, Anderson Silva, and Jose Aldo. And theres many many more with sick brutal amazing striking like these guys. These are just simply the best in the world in MMA because most of them have gone through years and years of Muay Thai/Kickboxing training. Some where former kickboxers.

People like to watch it because its the closest thing to watching a real fight. The worst part about the sport is the wrestling but to think that it's the only thing is absurd as there are alot of good strikers. Yeah they probably don't have the hand techniques of world class boxers but they make up for it with kicks. I encourage to atleast watch a few seconds atleast of each of those videos I put in above that I linked into the names. Good good *****. In those videos holds the real reason why I am a diehard MMA fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
          Your right, I dont know fuck about MMA. But I do know every thing about hand to hand combat. And I also know that the UFC is overraned by wrestlers, if your not ******ed like I think you are not you would agree that wrestlers never throw punches, I dont give a fuck if you were a high school wrestler and wrestled at the colegiate level, you never threw a single punch. Dont piss your pants because some one says that hand combat in MMA is subpar because its true.
          striking in mma is superior to striking in boxing. boxers are only good at one part of striking while mma fighters can throw kicks, knees and elbows. Even the punching in MMA is better for real fighting.

there are MANY boxers in mma that are getting out punched by non-boxers. Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis being a prime example and there are many others. Thats because the boxing in MMA is more geared towards real fighting. The range and foot work of a real fight is much different than in boxing.

This is why the 2 sports should not be compared directly with each other.

Comment

striking in mma is superior to striking in boxing. boxers are only good at one part of striking while mma fighters can throw kicks, knees and elbows. Even the punching in MMA is better for real fighting.

there are MANY boxers in mma that are getting out punched by non-boxers. Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis being a prime example and there are many others. Thats because the boxing in MMA is more geared towards real fighting. The range and foot work of a real fight is much different than in boxing.

It's not 100% true, but it IS more well rounded. There's more to MMA striking than just hands, you have to include kicks, knee's, elbows. It's a lot of **** to keep track of and that's not even counting the grappling.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

Uhhh yeah, is that why Randy Couture took a desperate flying leap from ten feet away and grabbed an old shot james Toney's leg so he didn't have to get anywhere close to him? Why not show us some kicks, elbows or dirty Boxing?

The truth is, MMA fans talk B.S. that MMA fighters don't actually have the balls to prove in the ring. NO MMA FIGHTER (save perhaps Anderson Silva) is going to elect to stand with a decent Pro Boxer, i don't care how much crap their fans talk for them.

and please don't bring up other MMA fighters with imaginary/inconsequential histories with Boxing themselves.
              Last edited by res; 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Damn dude MMA fans are infatuated with street fights. You can say what ever the you want but a good MMA fighter is subpar when it comes to hand to hand combat compared to a good boxer, I never said anything about striking. There are tons of boxers who can get handle by MMA fighters because I have seen some terrible boxers. But Boxing vs MMA basically means Boxing vs all the combat sports in the world. Boxing has its own thing going, its own leauge, and if some "boxer" is in MMA, its for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  Damn dude MMA fans are infatuated with street fights. You can say what ever the you want but a good MMA fighter is subpar when it comes to hand to hand combat compared to a good boxer, I never said anything about striking. There are tons of boxers who can get handle by MMA fighters because I have seen some terrible boxers. But Boxing vs MMA basically means Boxing vs all the combat sports in the world. Boxing has its own thing going, its own leauge, and if some "boxer" is in MMA, its for a reason.
                  Well no ***** sherlock. Nobody ever said any MMA fighter could beat a boxer in boxing. What the **** was the point of you posting that? It's common sense no matter how good the MMA fighter, they will lose to any world class boxer, just like any world class boxer would get the ***** beat out of him in an MMA fight. Not even by wrestlers, but by kickboxers.

Comment

I just turned off UFC 120 in the middle of the 3rd round in the Hathaway-Pyle fight. That **** was boring as ****. Cage pinning and ground wrestling in every fight.

Even though its on Cable for free live, I just couldn't continue watching.

UFC has truly turned into Ultimate Wrestling Championships.
                    Im finally watching the event right now. That fight is on now, but you didn't like the 1st 2 fights? Gustauffon vs Cyrill or Kongo vs the guy he fought(forget his name) but those fights were good fights. The 1st fight was wild, and the 1st round of the Kongo fight was crazy and even the 2nd & 3rd round weren't that bad. So I don't think you can classify the whole org. because of one little fight.

It's not the greatest card so I wouldn't let this card hold much weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                      Nobody ever said any MMA fighter could beat a boxer in boxing.
                      Well you didnt even read what I replied to.
                      Last edited by Zarco; 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X