• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva- "The UFC wants me to lose because I'm Brazilian"

Link:
    http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-silva

Anderson Silva - "The UFC wants me to loose because I'm Brazilian"

In a recent interview with Esportes UOL (as transcribed by Fighters Only) Anderson Silva says he isn't arrogant, as many people claim he is and says that the UFC wants him to lose to Chael Sonnen in part because he is Brazilian, not because he has been a bit of a tool lately.

"I can't please everyone. When you become world-known in a sport you become the target of cheap talking. It's necessary to watch yourself because any wrong attitude ends showing an opposite image of what you actual represented."

"There’s always bother, right? Even more so with me being a Brazilian. I’m happy in the UFC but this sequence of wins bothers them because the promoters think the fights end up losing their intrigue and that people now want to see Anderson Silva lose. But it’s normal, just business."

What's most surprising is the fact that The Spider is still defending his cocky UFC 112 performance against Demian Maia, in spite of all of his alleged apologies as translated in his post-fight interviews by manager Ed Soares.

"I didn’t get where I am by being arrogant. I respect all opponents, curb smack-talking before the fight and inside the ring I go there and do my job. That is: come back healthy to my house. Of course its true that, because of the difficulty of the task, you wind up celebrating big after victory. It’s at least four months of intense preparation. It’s not something easy."

"Man I did my work, that was to go there and don’t suffer anything and what happened, happened. It confused [Maia's] head and people misinterpreted it. But I won. There isn’t any rule that precludes me from doing what I did. I didn’t disdain him either. I just didn’t go into his game."

"People say what they want [about the alleged disrepect I showed Maia], right? I apologized to the public - they started to boo - after the fight but a lot of the time people doesn’t understand what happens inside the Octagon, all the tension involved before, along and afterwards. They just go out there to watch two guys punching each other until one falls down."

"I repeat: I did nothing contrary to the UFC rules. These rumours of suspension really happened but I didn’t hear it from Dana White’s mouth. He just said he didn’t like the match and that he expected a bit more from me. OK, that’s his right. He knows how to sell a fight and I know how to fight. Each to his own. But our relationship is good."

So let me get this straight, a guy who goes out and clowns the fans, his opponent and the company he works for by putting on a cocky, bizarre and boring performance and offers a BS apology for his antics is NOT arrogant?

Got it.

Oh man here we go again.

Just like they want Wandy, Shogun, Machida, Big Nog, Lil Nog, Dos Santos, Damien Maia, Thiago Silva, and Luiz Cane to lose right?

The fight wasn't even that bad at all. I thought of it like a Roy Jones Jr. like performance and nobody hates on him. But thats why they want him to lose so they don't have to risk having another fight like that. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
      Oh man here we go again.

Just like they want Wandy, Shogun, Machida, Big Nog, Lil Nog, Dos Santos, Damien Maia, Thiago Silva, and Luiz Cane to lose right?

The fight wasn't even that bad at all. I thought of it like a Roy Jones Jr. like performance and nobody hates on him. But thats why they want him to lose so they don't have to risk having another fight like that. Simple as that.
      The fight was great if you understood that Silva felt there was a point to be made.
      The cocky thing is something all intelligent black fighters get stamped with, especially dominate ones that don't kiss ass !!!

Comment

Where in the interview he said ufc wanted him to lose because he's brazilian?

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
          Where in the interview he said ufc wanted him to lose because he's brazilian?
          "There’s always bother, right? Even more so with me being a Brazilian. I’m happy in the UFC but this sequence of wins bothers them because the promoters think the fights end up losing their intrigue and that people now want to see Anderson Silva lose. But it’s normal, just business."

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            Oh man here we go again.

There's a Japanese word "okashi" which to put it briefly essentially means naive.

Comment

I do think some of the negative press Anderson Silva is getting is unwarranted. I don't know if it's because he's Brazilian or whatever. But so what if he clowned his opponent? If you're mad get in the ring and do something bout it. Until he loses he's earned the right to talk as much trash as he wants. That twat Sonnen is talking all types of trash and nobody is saying this crap about him. But when the fight happens and Sonnen is bleeding, KTFO, or/and subbed we will see Anderson can back up his BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                There's a Japanese word "okashi" which to put it briefly essentially means naive.
                whats up my nakama nodogoshi ossan.

Comment

Keep duckin the 205 division Silva and act like a jackass against middleweights

Comment

damn near all the ufc fighters are brizilian

Comment

Working...
                    X