No announcement yet.

It's Shogun vs The Spider Time !!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will get your wish !!!

Evans (wrestling) vs Shogun's (bjj) would be interesting though.

They are both sloppy with the striking yet powerful although Shogun seems to have more tools. I have seen Rashad lay a dude out with a beautiful head kick b4 though but I never saw it again after that.
    I think Rashad will win. Rampage has been a part-time fighter as of late, and his style is actually rather limited. He's also passed his prime I believe. Additionally, Evans is a better wrestler. Evans more than likely has a better training camp as well.

Here's the headkick:

Comment

Man if Kevin Randleman could barely even get Rampage down, I highly doubt Rashad will. Rashad's the better MMA fighter by far, but the Kevin that fought Rampage in pride, beats Rashad in a wrestling match 9 out of 10 times. Rashad could probably out wrestle him now since he's completely done. But Rampage has really only been on his back in the UFC against Henderson(an elite grecco wrestler) and by leg kicks from Forrest.

Rampage's striking is meant to squash Rashad. And if Rampage connects with the same shot Thiago did in the 3rd round of that fight, Rashad won't be doing the stanky leg like against Machida, he'll be out cold like he Liddell after he fought Rashad. I think it will look a lot like Rampage-Chuck 2 where Rampage will counter a punch and knock Rashad the hell out.

Comment

War shogun .

Comment

Shogun will be the GSP in LHW, will not be beat, he will destroy Rampage again if they fight, Rashad too. Silva will bow down and kiss his legs when Shogun is finished with him

Comment

nope, its not gonna happen. Dana isn't gonna give it to Anderson after his last performance. I think winner of Rampage vs Rashad will probably be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
              Shogun will be the GSP in LHW
              Until he runs into Minotoro again

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                Man if Kevin Randleman could barely even get Rampage down, I highly doubt Rashad will. Rashad's the better MMA fighter by far, but the Kevin that fought Rampage in pride, beats Rashad in a wrestling match 9 out of 10 times. Rashad could probably out wrestle him now since he's completely done. But Rampage has really only been on his back in the UFC against Henderson(an elite grecco wrestler) and by leg kicks from Forrest.

Rampage's striking is meant to squash Rashad. And if Rampage connects with the same shot Thiago did in the 3rd round of that fight, Rashad won't be doing the stanky leg like against Machida, he'll be out cold like he Liddell after he fought Rashad. I think it will look a lot like Rampage-Chuck 2 where Rampage will counter a punch and knock Rashad the hell out.

Randleman was a wrestler in an MMA ring. He did have an okay career, and will live in infamy for the Randleplex on Fedor, but his striking, as well as submission, game is very limited.

As you say though, Evans is a better all around MMA fighter. I understand your argument that Jackson can deal with the wrestling aspect. With that said, I really don't expect this one to be a wrestling match, I actually expect it to play out mostly on the feet. Rampage has pretty good boxing skills, and tremendous power in his fists, however I favor Rashad in this sort of a matchup.

Of course, we've seen Rashad knocked out before, by Machida. Rampage most certainly could catch him and put him to sleep. I just see it as rather unlikely.

Finally, I return to the issue of prime. I truly do not believe that Rampage is the same fighter that he once was. Rampage has had a good run in MMA, however he has, quite frankly, been a bit hot and cold all the way. He has had dramatic highs and dramatic lows all the way through. I think that right now, he's a bit washed up.

I see a good strong younger fighter in Rashad defeating a formerly good, strong older fighter in Rampage, and most likely by knockout.
                Last edited by Drunken Cat; 05-09-2010, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I definitely agree he's not the same fighter and I think it started with Ibara or however you spell that boxing trainers name. I mean it was great and all Rampage finally started training with top guys and got to a good camp to help his potential, but it changed his style of fighting. He use to have this aggressive were going to fight type of attitude when he would brawl and slam. The last time I think he was like this was the Lindland fight. That was a sick fight too.

But when Ibarara took over he changed him into a defensive counterpuncher that comes forward. His boxing is very defensive and for that very reason I don't think Rashad would knock him out. Rampage has I think the best boxing defense in MMA, he hardly gets hit clean unless they start exchanging and if he exchanges with Rashad, Rashad drops. But if Rashad boxes smart I don't think he'll land hard enough clean. This new style is great for Muay Thai guys like Wandy were he got KO'd before but it was effective against Wandy the 3rd time and thats why I think he'll beat Shogun with this defensive boxing. And though I see him beating Rashad I think it would be much easier if he fought like the Rampage from Pride and the one that fought Lindland. That Rampage would have easily KO'd Jardine in 1 round but the defensive boxer Rampage tried to box him and he almost gave that fight away.

Miss the old Rampage but the new one still is pretty badass too. Cant wait for this fight tho, the roof of my house is gonna explode hahahahaha love debating MMA! Props dude!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    I think Rashad will win. Rampage has been a part-time fighter as of late, and his style is actually rather limited. He's also passed his prime I believe. Additionally, Evans is a better wrestler. Evans more than likely has a better training camp as well.

Here's the headkick:

Thanks ! lol !!!

You may be right in your assessment of Page. I just think Page is rougher. It takes waayy too many lucky shots to k.o Page, unless Pages has completely lost it I think he's just to tough for Rashad.

Rampage is expecting to wrestle but I hope this isn't a Hendo v Page replay. Page will be ready for the shoot and I don't think Evans will keep him on his back long.
                    Standing up Evans throws a lot of meaningless shots while Page targets every strike with cruel intentions.

Thiago rocked Evans with a slow ass Foreman type uppercut, Rampage throws more like Tyson, both guys can k.o you but one is just vicious.

All n all I wouldn't put a dollar against either one in this fight becuse you never can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Randleman was a wrestler in an MMA ring. He did have an okay career, and will live in infamy for the Randleplex on Fedor, but his striking, as well as submission, game is very limited.

As you say though, Evans is a better all around MMA fighter. I understand your argument that Jackson can deal with the wrestling aspect. With that said, I really don't expect this one to be a wrestling match, I actually expect it to play out mostly on the feet. Rampage has pretty good boxing skills, and tremendous power in his fists, however I favor Rashad in this sort of a matchup.

Of course, we've seen Rashad knocked out before, by Machida. Rampage most certainly could catch him and put him to sleep. I just see it as rather unlikely.

Finally, I return to the issue of prime. I truly do not believe that Rampage is the same fighter that he once was. Rampage has had a good run in MMA, however he has, quite frankly, been a bit hot and cold all the way. He has had dramatic highs and dramatic lows all the way through. I think that right now, he's a bit washed up.

I see a good strong younger fighter in Rashad defeating a formerly good, strong older fighter in Rampage, and most likely by knockout.
                      Tried to give you some green but I guess I'll have to wait 24hours

Comment

Working...
                      X