Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What more proof do you need that Henderson is not the best wrestler in MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight showed that credentials aren't the be all end all of MMA

Comment

Kind of off topic, I think the current version of Cung Le has a legit shot at beating Dan Henderson. I mean, Dan Henderson, with the exception of the two hard shots he landed in the first round(which is probably more of case of Shields having big-fight jitters in front of a national t.v. audience) simply could not get off.

I mean, he bit on Shield's slow @ss jabs and feints, what more against a world-class striker like Le, who you know Henderson is gonna have to chase down. This is the thing about Henderson, his stand-up I've always felt was complete ****, he has a great right-hand, extremely tough and a great chin and an a solid clinch game. But, he's gonna have difficulty cutting that distance down against an excellent striker like Le.

Le, coming off that devastating loss, is probably even gonna be more defensive and simply pot-shot with kicks and use his excellent footwork to keep the one-dimensional Hendo off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        I think Kos is a better wrestler then GSP. Amateur wise. I pick Kos 9 out of 10 times in a traditional wrestling match. GSP is IMO the best wrestling MMA wise though. His is just tailor made and perfect for the sport. I just don't think he'd do all the great if he did go into the Olympics. Wrestling MMAwise and traditional wrestling our 2 different monsters IMO.

Kos could not get GSP down once and GSP took him down at will....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Kos could not get GSP down once and GSP took him down at will....
          Before that fight GSP was not known as this sick amazing wrestler as he is now. Kos was expecting a striking war and just started going back to his wrestling roots lately, his main focus was his striking for the longest time because he thought his wrestling was good enough for anybody. Not to mention GSP is the most versatile fighter in all of MMA. he mixes everything up greatly like someone already said so you don't expect the takedown until your on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            Before that fight GSP was not known as this sick amazing wrestler as he is now. Kos was expecting a striking war and just started going back to his wrestling roots lately, his main focus was his striking for the longest time because he thought his wrestling was good enough for anybody. Not to mention GSP is the most versatile fighter in all of MMA. he mixes everything up greatly like someone already said so you don't expect the takedown until your on your back.
            Well he had outwrestled BJ, Sherk and Trigg prior to his fight with Koscheck, so it wasn't that much of a mystery

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
              Well he had outwrestled BJ, Sherk and Trigg prior to his fight with Koscheck, so it wasn't that much of a mystery
              Yeah but that was the first fight were wrestling became his main thing. Before that he stood and got raped by Serra which made him switch to just wanting to wrestle most of the time, and before that he stood with Hughes for 3 rounds.

Comment

Trigg Josh Koscheck Sean Sherk are not even Rashad Evans in wrestling let alone Brock Lesnar, but this aint wrestling its MMA, and GSP is kickin a$$ like no ones biznuss

Comment

I'm sort of surprised no one is mentioning a certain 4x National Freestyle champ in King Mo.

Yeah, I'm perhaps riding the bandwagon a bit, but Mo is not one to be ignored by any means when it comes to the best wrestler discussion imo.

On a side note, I haven't even had a chance to see the fight yet. I caught parts of the Aoki and Hendo fights via stream, but I've been busy the last few days. I'm downloading the event right now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    I'm sort of surprised no one is mentioning a certain 4x National Freestyle champ in King Mo.

Yeah, I'm perhaps riding the bandwagon a bit, but Mo is not one to be ignored by any means when it comes to the best wrestler discussion imo.

On a side note, I haven't even had a chance to see the fight yet. I caught parts of the Aoki and Hendo fights via stream, but I've been busy the last few days. I'm downloading the event right now though.
                    King Mo is defo up there, as is his teammate Joe Warren IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X