No announcement yet.

Dana White is a moron...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    whats the difference between that and what Pride&Dream do by taking purse money away for fighters that don't engage?

Its the reason Pride and Dream have much better fights because they push the entertainment whereas UFC allows fighters more freedom and the cause of that has been fighters exploiting loop holes to win fights in a very boring fashion.

The way Dana is doing it is making it look bad. the UFC should start handing out penalties for boring fights IMO.
    On the flip side though, that is not so different really than the UFC offering the fight of the night/sub of the night/KO bonuses, except that in the UFC's case it is the carrot and in the Pride/Dream example it's the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      On the flip side though, that is not so different really than the UFC offering the fight of the night/sub of the night/KO bonuses, except that in the UFC's case it is the carrot and in the Pride/Dream example it's the stick.
      yeah true, but fighters in the UFC aren't afraid of losing money, especially the main event fighters. they would rather win by any means because it works out better for them in the long term. But when it comes down to each fight, fighters don't have much incentive to put on a good show because a safe win is more of a guaranteed win than a fighter trying to go for a spectacular win.

Comment

I understand the aspect of putting on a show for the fans but I'm all for fighters/athletes playing the game in their own way to win it.

Even if it is boring.

White should get step in the octagon if he wants to put on a show for the fans. He comes off as if he wants to responsible for every fighters cauliflower ears & other detriments to their health as a fighter.

Comment

Dana is 100% correct on this one. If every fight was like Silva v Maia nobody would watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
            Dana is 100% correct on this one. If every fight was like Silva v Maia nobody would watch.
            So when does it stop being a skilled fight and become a toughman show?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              It all descends into chaos when the most skilled of them all turns a skilled fight into a farce.

Comment

It's similar to all the hate that the San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons used to get. They won games and where better than everyone but sometimes it wasn't exciting. Should they have been asked to play less defense and start doing and 1 stuff just because fans want to see it?

I want to see a real fight not a ****ing show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                  kaps, your probably the most informed mma guy on this site but I have to disagree with you on this one. You have to understand things from Dana White's perspective.

He's the promoter, his job is to generate interest and keep the integrity of mma intact. Remember, while you and me consider mma a great SPORT, there are still main stream people out there that think of it as a **** fight.

He understands that to get some main stream coverage on a major network like CBS, NBC or ABC he needs to keep the sport clean and lagit. I know he's had his opportunity to do that and said the money wasn't right but he also wants to make sure his shows are on the level.

What Silva did was ignorant and stupid, yes it was funny to watch but it was boring and stupid after a while. If you are Silva, you are a champ, arguably the best fighter in the world and you are acting like Macho Camacho or Prince Nazim.

I also don't doubt he will cut Silvs if he ever does that again, no one man is bigger than the sport. On this one, I have to understand where Silva is coming from and understand his position.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                    kaps, your probably the most informed mma guy on this site but I have to disagree with you on this one. You have to understand things from Dana White's perspective.

He's the promoter, his job is to generate interest and keep the integrity of mma intact. Remember, while you and me consider mma a great SPORT, there are still main stream people out there that think of it as a **** fight.

He understands that to get some main stream coverage on a major network like CBS, NBC or ABC he needs to keep the sport clean and lagit. I know he's had his opportunity to do that and said the money wasn't right but he also wants to make sure his shows are on the level.

What Silva did was ignorant and stupid, yes it was funny to watch but it was boring and stupid after a while. If you are Silva, you are a champ, arguably the best fighter in the world and you are acting like Macho Camacho or Prince Nazim.

I also don't doubt he will cut Silvs if he ever does that again, no one man is bigger than the sport. On this one, I have to understand where Silva is coming from and understand his position.
                    IMO I believe Silva got frustrated midway thru the third round at Maia's lack of interest in the fight, so in the 4th and 5th when it looked like Maia actually wanted to fight, Silva repaid the favor. If you want to continue to watch Kimbo fight bums or see Bonnar vs Griffin 8 that's fine. I'd prefer to see skilled fighters doing battle....

Comment

Anderson Silva probably wants Dana to cut him so he can fight Roy Jones.

Comment

Working...
                      X