Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else think Dana's comments were wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else think Dana's comments were wrong?

This has been annoying me since Saturday. These guys are proffesional fighters not fcuking performers in Dana Whites little circus. They can do what the fcuk they want.

I'm not defending Silva's performance because I think he could and should have knocked Maia out but still, thats up to him. He's the one who gets in that cage and puts himself in harms way. Who the **** does Dana White think he is to ***** about it and say he is going to demote Silva to the untelevised preliminary fights?

Sounds like this power is going to his head. His company pays the guys but that doesn't make him god.

I disagree with his comments. He is affecting the sport when he tries to dictate how a fight should go. Going up to someone's trainer and telling them to start engaging is wrong. A fight is all about strategy and each fighter should do what they feel they need to do to win.

It's similar to the hate that the San Antonio Spurs used to get.

Comment

It's a fight first, entertainment second. I pay to see real fights with real strategies,not some fake **** where guys fight a certain way because they think it will be more exciting to the fans.

It's gotten to a point where some guys wont go to the ground and will only stand and bang because they think fans don't like seeing ground fighting. So they bypass advantages and fight fake fights.

Wanderlei Silva is a guy that's known to fight for the fans. He wont do **** but stand and swing wildly. Look at what his failure to adjust during fights has done to him in recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
        It's a fight first, entertainment second. I pay to see real fights with real strategies,not some fake **** where guys fight a certain way because they think it will be more exciting to the fans.

It's gotten to a point where some guys wont go to the ground and will only stand and bang because they think fans don't like seeing ground fighting. So they bypass advantages and fight fake fights.

Wanderlei Silva is a guy that's known to fight for the fans. He wont do **** but stand and swing wildly. Look at what his failure to adjust during fights has done to him in recent history.

This is very true. Yushin Okami was 7-1(Franklin; L) in the UFC and still didn't get a title shot. So when Sonnen was made to fight him. Okami wasn't using his wrestling at all, that is what he is best at. So Okami loss because he was trying to please Dana and the fans.

Truth to this is after the fight, Okami went and trained with Sonnen. Sonnen said himself in an interview, "I never want to fight Okami again." after a training session with him. Testament that Okami wasn't fighting like himself.

I'm not bothered by Dana's words though. He can say what he wants but he will lose a ****load of money by making the MW champ fight undercards.

Silva is still a beast, he is so good, he has opponents beating themselves. He can just stand there and the opponent automatically psyches themselves out. Like some Tyson ****.

Comment

The ufc is great, but I don't know how truely good it can become when you have such a hothead like Dana White. He's way too vocal and into things than a owner should be. I wish he'd leave the ufc.

Comment

It's a damn shame what has happened with Okami. He should have already fought for the title. Injuries and the such has prevented him from having the much needed rematch against Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
              It's a damn shame what has happened with Okami. He should have already fought for the title. Injuries and the such has prevented him from having the much needed rematch against Silva.
              Yeah, I been real vocal about Okami getting a rematch with Silva. Even if Silva would be favored. Okami has done more than enough to get a shot at the title. 30 more secs and Franklin would have never won.

But it's for the best because look at Okami now. I love it.

Comment

Theyve done so well with the UFC up to now but Dana is making it sound like he wants them to go back to UFC 1.

These guys are skilled, professional athletes not fcuking bar room brawlers. He needs to make up his fcuking mind as to what he wants the UFC to be, a professional sport or just a show like WWE

Comment

Yeah, Dana disgusted me more than usual on saturday. I don't know why Lorenzo put him in charge...

Comment

Working...
                  X