No announcement yet.

James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney

Should fight at 205 in the UFC... I think itll be a better move for him due to his height and that he wont be weighing in at 265 like alot of guys he will be fighting... Im not sure whether he is fighting at Heavyweight or not, but Ive read somewhere that he is and I believe he said he even said he was going to, but I just dont think it's a good move for him... With his elite boxing skills, if he learns a little bit of Muay Thai and trains some wrestling, I think he could possibly become a contender at Light Heavyweight... And if he could drop down to 185, who would be better to give Anderson Silva a threat at Middleweight, than a former pro-boxer. The sport Anderson could not succeed in... Just some thoughts.

205 sounds good.......

Comment

anderson would destroy him

Comment

205 would be great... Evans, Rampage, Henderson, Silva can come up... First fight Couture vs Toney!

Comment

Originally posted by snakey112 View Post
          anderson would destroy him
          Not at 205, and not if he stands up with him either... I'd place dough on that. But unfortunately, it's not boxing, it's MMA, and Anderson would probably not be stupid enough to stand with the best striker the sport of MMA will witness... Especially since he himself has highly regarded gound skills with his BJJ Black belt from Minotauro Nogueira. So yeah, he'd probably tap Toney out in the first round... IF he could stay away from the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
            Not at 205, and not if he stands up with him either... I'd place dough on that. But unfortunately, it's not boxing, it's MMA, and Anderson would probably not be stupid enough to stand with the best striker the sport of MMA will witness... Especially since he himself has highly regarded gound skills with his BJJ Black belt from Minotauro Nogueira. So yeah, he'd probably tap Toney out in the first round... IF he could stay away from the punches.
            toney wont be easy to takedown as most think especially at 205. he has a huge frame and pwoer, and thats prolly all he would work on in sparring. He can KO silva, the way for silva to win is to throw headkicks/legkicks

Comment

i would really love to see some training videos of toney in preperation for his mma debut. im intrigued and i really wanna know how its coming along in the transitioning process.

Comment

silva can only counterpunch, when someone isnt aggressive he just stands there.. toneys skills and smarts would be too much unless he could get the takedown.

silva aint knockin nothin out though, if they stand up toney sparks him out.

Comment

Can Toney even make 205?

Comment

Not like it matters what weight he fights at. hell be bigger attraction at heavy weight and thats all dana cares. its not like hes gonna make a legit run in any division. him signing is publicity

Comment

Working...
                    X