No announcement yet.

James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
    Not at 205, and not if he stands up with him either...would probably not be stupid enough to stand with the best striker the sport of MMA will witness....
    considering Toney has never fought MMA before .. calling him the "best striker" in MMA is awfully bold to say

**and besides, striking is about more than just throwing punches.

Comment

I love how people totally disregards kicks and knees.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
        considering Toney has never fought MMA before .. calling him the "best striker" in MMA is awfully bold to say

**and besides, striking is about more than just throwing punches.
        Yes it is a bold thing to say, and I know its more than just throwing punches. I should have said he probably wouldnt be stupid enough to stand with the best "puncher" the sport of MMA will ever witness

Comment

LOL @ This thread. One shin too the neck and Toney will pull a dicktuck faster than Mercer......

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            LOL @ This thread. One shin too the neck and Toney will pull a dicktuck faster than Mercer......
            you seem to forget this guy's taken some of the most devastating punches in heavyweight boxing history, and walked right through them... It'll be nothing new to him.

Comment

you seem to forget this guy's taken some of the most devastating punches in heavyweight boxing history, and walked right through them... It'll be nothing new to him.
              You seem to forget that legs are stronger than arms, kicks are more powerful that punches, and that legs are also longer than arms....

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                Can Toney even make 205?
                Yes he can. He was at 220 and said he was going to train hard. He can easily do it

Comment

fair enough .. but getting hit with 12 oz gloves

and head kicked are two completely different things. so it that regards handling the kicks will very much be knew for James Toney.

**if you didn't already know Ray Mercer .. who by boxing standards has pretty good punch resistance

was finished with one head kick in a K-1 fight vs Remy Bonjasky.

kicks can be pretty lethal .. Frank Shamrock took too many from Cung Le and wound up with a broken arm.

Comment

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
                    Not like it matters what weight he fights at. hell be bigger attraction at heavy weight and thats all dana cares. its not like hes gonna make a legit run in any division. him signing is publicity
                    Pretty much this.

Whether at 205 or 265 it won't make a difference, he's not going to make it to a title.

Fighting at HW would be better, IMO. I think he may be able to have minor success there. Not many good strikers at HW would make things interesting. Plus I'm not sure if he could even make 205.

LHW is just way too stacked. I can't see Toney winning any fights at 205.

Comment

Getting puched in the head with 8-10oz gloves and getting someones shin upside your dome or to your leg are two very different things.

Remember, striking in MMA is not just punching.

Anyone with a decent kick can give Toney hell.

I'd say maybe 2 or 3 well placed, unchecked leg kicks and Toney will be completely useless.

Comment

Working...
                      X