Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only person I think that can give GSP trouble at WW....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
    Nick Diaz? Really?

I like him as a fighter but he is not on GSP's level. The guy can't beat fighters who are not even close to the level of GSP and he is expected to give GSP trouble. I don't think so. It would be another dominant win for GSP.
    If you don't count that bull**** cut stoppage, Nick Diaz's last loss was 4 years ago to Sherk, all his loses before that could've gone the other way and a couple should have. There are no fighters close to the level of GSP, Nick just has the tools to make it a fight...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      If you don't count that bull**** cut stoppage, Nick Diaz's last loss was 4 years ago to Sherk, all his loses before that could've gone the other way and a couple should have. There are no fighters close to the level of GSP, Nick just has the tools to make it a fight...
      Funny that his last legit loss was to Sherk, yet people think he'll be able to beat GSP.

Comment

Diaz would create a new set of problems for GSP but i thing he would get taken down frequently and with little effort on GSP's part.

I for one think that a better match up would be Jake Shields.
        He may not have the stand up of Nick Diaz but he makes up for it in wrestling, which has been GSP's main goal in all of his fights after Serra.

I dont see GSP being able to control Shields as easily as he has past opponents.
        On top of that Shields may actually be physically bigger and stronger.
        His last performance was very lack luster so it makes my opinion hold a little less merit.
        I guess we'll see how the Hendo fight pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
          Diaz would create a new set of problems for GSP but i thing he would get taken down frequently and with little effort on GSP's part.

I for one think that a better match up would be Jake Shields.
          He may not have the stand up of Nick Diaz but he makes up for it in wrestling, which has been GSP's main goal in all of his fights after Serra.

I dont see GSP being able to control Shields as easily as he has past opponents.
          On top of that Shields may actually be physically bigger and stronger.
          His last performance was very lack luster so it makes my opinion hold a little less merit.
          I guess we'll see how the Hendo fight pans out.

Jake Shields has just as much chance as Nick. Besides bjj he pretty much has nothing. His size could be useful against GSP but lets face it, if the guy can't physically handle himself or GSP. He will lose. Nick on the other hand uses crafty positioning and slick bjj where he doesn't need to use size or strength to handle opponents.

No fighter at WW makes sense to fight GSP, he's just too physically stronger. Let's face it, GSP is a MW fighting WWs, because he isn't doing anything but imposing his size and strength on guys. At MW there are a ton of guys who can handle GSP. Yushin Okami, Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva just to name a few.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            Funny that his last legit loss was to Sherk, yet people think he'll be able to beat GSP.
            I never said he'd be able to beat him. Look back at the first post. I just said I think Nick has the tools to give him trouble. Jake Sheilds has worse stand up and BJJ than Nick. The only thing he brings to the table is size and wrestling which neither would be a factor against GSP...

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree with the people discounting Daley's sprawl game. Sure he doesn't have jujitsu, but he does posses a sprawl. He showed this in the Jake Shields fight, among others. He was keeping Shields at bay through much of the fight up until when he got taken down and subbed.

Daley has gotten better at sprawling through his career. And as far as Hardey goes, Hardey would get put to sleep if the two ever fought, you can bet the house on it.

Again, I come back to the Koscheck fight, which will answer all the questions. I expect Koscheck will take him down and grind it out, but if Daley does manage to keep Kos. at bay he will have to be considered a threat to GSP as well (that is unless Kos. decides to trade and gets put to sleep, which I really don't see happening).

It's definitely a wild card, but I stick to it. Again, I'm waiting to see what happens in the Kos. fight. Styles make fights, and every fight and every fighter is different. And fighters do improve (especially when making such a drastic transition as from striking to grappling and vice versa), so you can't discount Daley's chances based solely on passed performance either. Cro cop didn't start out with a terrific sprawl and defensive guard, and Henderson didn't start his career knocking people's blocks off on the feet.

People are free to disagree, but that is just how I see it. (And there are admittedly a lot of questions left to be answered).
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 03-30-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X