No announcement yet.

GSP makes MMA look bad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP makes MMA look bad.

GSP won another lackluster decision. No killer instinct. Backs up what B-Hop thinks about mma being just like gay sex. The best fights were the free prelims on ****e they didn't even show on the pay per view to make it better. Diaz-rory has sick!!! But anyway GSP's on gatorade, Nike, and sport illustraded, and he looks like he's afraid to hurt people.

I love MMA but he's one of their greatest fighters pound for pound, but he puts on the most boring fight of all the last 3 cards he's been on. UFC 94, 100, and now UFC 111. He should have finished Hardy. but Hardy just stared at him at the end of the 1st when he could of unloaded the one time in the fight.

Just a pretty lackluster card, alittle disappointed though. Damn Thiago Alves's stupid physical, that ruined the 2nd most exciting fights on the card between Alves-Fitch, Jake Ellerburger-Saunders that were the best fights on the card from the start IMO. Palaharas was a dickhead though holding onto the submission after the tap. He's a beast though. Bocek-Miller was pretty good though, lots of back and forth excitement just unpopular guys fighting but still good. Pumped for 112 thats gonna be a hell of a card!

whole point of thread is that GSP lacks one of those great traits the great pound for pound fighters had. Not saying theirs guys that could beat him and i understand he fights a style that makes it harder to finish. But in 100 years when people put the best againast each other in the greatest of all time charts, GSP might not be so high because the lack of killer instinct. Glad BJ, Anderson, and Fedor are some of the best P4P fighters too. Just expected more from the UFC poster pretty boy. Just a little disappointed. Title might be a little harsh but it didn't make us look great though.

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    GSP won another lackluster decision. No killer instinct. Backs up what B-Hop thinks about mma being just like gay sex. The best fights were the free prelims on ****e they didn't even show on the pay per view to make it better. Diaz-rory has sick!!! But anyway GSP's on gatorade, Nike, and sport illustraded, and he looks like he's afraid to hurt people.

I love MMA but he's one of their greatest fighters pound for pound, but he puts on the most boring fight of all the last 3 cards he's been on. UFC 94, 100, and now UFC 111. He should have finished Hardy. but Hardy just stared at him at the end of the 1st when he could of unloaded the one time in the fight.

Just a pretty lackluster card, alittle disappointed though. Damn Thiago Alves's stupid physical, that ruined the 2nd most exciting fights on the card between Alves-Fitch, Jake Ellerburger-Saunders that were the best fights on the card from the start IMO. Palaharas was a dickhead though holding onto the submission after the tap. He's a beast though. Bocek-Miller was pretty good though, lots of back and forth excitement just unpopular guys fighting but still good. Pumped for 112 thats gonna be a hell of a card!

whole point of thread is that GSP lacks one of those great traits the great pound for pound fighters had. Not saying theirs guys that could beat him and i understand he fights a style that makes it harder to finish. But in 100 years when people put the best againast each other in the greatest of all time charts, GSP might not be so high because the lack of killer instinct. Glad BJ, Anderson, and Fedor are some of the best P4P fighters too. Just expected more from the UFC poster pretty boy. Just a little disappointed. Title might be a little harsh but it didn't make us look great though.
    wtf were you doing watching that **** in the first place with all this top level boxing going on? plus that ufc was on ppv

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      wtf were you doing watching that **** in the first place with all this top level boxing going on? plus that ufc was on ppv
      yeah, Technical mastery by GSP. But too much of it is boring.. He could of finished Hardy by stand up and risked a little for the entertainment value of the fans. But oh well,

Comment

Hardy's a fairly good striker in his own right. That's why GSP kept taking him down, yeah, i agree. He could be more active, but it looked to me like he was peppering Hardy with shots and looking for a submission. Hardy's submission defense shocked me though, a lot better than i expected. I think GSP coulda finished it on the ground if he woulda worked more for it, but i think he was looking more for a submisson. Not the most exciting performances by GSP in his last two fights, but ah well, lil far fetched to say it's bad for the sport.

Comment

I gained respect for Hardy even after all that.

But GSP still can't finish a ****ing fight. Well, look out for Paul Daley. Daley is the guy to beat GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy J View Post
            I gained respect for Hardy even after all that.

But GSP still can't finish a ****ing fight. Well, look out for Paul Daley. Daley is the guy to beat GSP.
            Hahahaha Daley?? Now there's someone who I'm sure GSP would sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
              Hahahaha Daley?? Now there's someone who I'm sure GSP would sub.
              I'll talk my **** to the bank. Laugh it up.

Comment

Daley is like Hardy but worse on the ground. GSP should've been doing more GNP instead of looking for the submission. He really let both arm locks go even though he should've just broke his arm. If you don't tap you deserve to have your arm broken IMO...

Comment

GSP should have finished the fight. There was no reason why he shouldn't have, but it's not like he didn't try.

And you can't blame GSP for Hardy having non existant takedown defense.

Hardy is weak on the ground and Strong standing up. Logic says take it where he's weak and that was GSP does.

However I don't see how his fight with Penn or Alves was boring and I can't see how you can blame him for not finishing top tier fighters like Alves and Penn who rarely ever get beat.

You can complain all you want about the Hardy fight. GSP should have finished that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                    GSP should have finished the fight. There was no reason why he shouldn't have, but it's not like he didn't try.

And you can't blame GSP for Hardy having non existant takedown defense.

Hardy is weak on the ground and Strong standing up. Logic says take it where he's weak and that was GSP does.

However I don't see how his fight with Penn or Alves was boring and I can't see how you can blame him for not finishing top tier fighters like Alves and Penn who rarely ever get beat.

You can complain all you want about the Hardy fight. GSP should have finished that fight.
                    Just never passed on them though. It was mostly guard GNP in the alves fight and holding BJ against the cage IMO. This fight was just painful because he ruled and dominated and advanced in every position but still couldn't finish him. I understand he did what he had to do in the Alves and BJ fights, but im just saying, im a little disappointed the UFC posterboy that represents us in gatorade and nike ads.

Comment

Working...
                    X