No announcement yet.

So I heard the UFC just signed Leben to a multi-fight deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I heard the UFC just signed Leben to a multi-fight deal

Hmmmm....so why the **** does the TUF show exist anyway? Isn't that the whole point of the show, to weed out the competitors and give contracts to only two guys? It's not like Leben went out and just beat BJ Penn. He beats Strangebrew, and all of a sudden he's in the UFC? Doesn't that cheapen what Griffin accomplished?

What the ****?

LEben is Couture's boy. Period.

Comment

It's bull**** is what it is. It completely takes the drama out of TUF. It's no longer a game of high stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by mmafanman
        It's bull**** is what it is. It completely takes the drama out of TUF. It's no longer a game of high stakes.
        not nessassarily. i bet Leben's gettin a weak ass paycheck like the rest of the newcommers, i'd say around $3-5,000 split. the tuf final winners get a 6 figure contract which gives them more fights and more money with the ufc, where Leben could fight once, being guarenteed nothing, and getting paid less. in the end, Leben was one of the most colorful people on tuf and his only 2 losses come from that show... Leben is a badass.

I do understand your point though, but in reality, I would'nt mind seeing Leben on PPV, hes all action, you can't deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGGx0
          not nessassarily. i bet Leben's gettin a weak ass paycheck like the rest of the newcommers, i'd say around $3-5,000 split. the tuf final winners get a 6 figure contract which gives them more fights and more money with the ufc, where Leben could fight once, being guarenteed nothing, and getting paid less. in the end, Leben was one of the most colorful people on tuf and his only 2 losses come from that show... Leben is a badass.

I do understand your point though, but in reality, I would'nt mind seeing Leben on PPV, hes all action, you can't deny that.
          This man just beat the **** out of the correct.

Comment

not really. Leben lost to Doerkson prior to the show. so 2 of his 3 losses were form the show.

Comment

Some good points, I agree more with mmafanman, it defeats the purpose of the show. I don't know what all of this hype is about Leben anyway. I've only seen one of his fights against Koscheck and I wasn't impressed at all, he was chicken **** of the ground and afraid to throw anything. Maybe it was a bad performance I don't know.

I still remain my opinion that everyone disagreed with before, These fighters are not top level competition, they are up and comers and I question if they should even be in the octagon with the exception of Griffin. They will know doubt fail, or be matched up with low level competition and we will see this in the next UFC.

This really isn't a surprise to me. Any fighter with any sort of popularity in the U.S has been taken care of, Tank abbott(they should have never brought himk back), Ken shamrock, a few others and now Leben. It's typical.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
                Some good points, I agree more with mmafanman, it defeats the purpose of the show. I don't know what all of this hype is about Leben anyway. I've only seen one of his fights against Koscheck and I wasn't impressed at all, he was chicken **** of the ground and afraid to throw anything. Maybe it was a bad performance I don't know.

I still remain my opinion that everyone disagreed with before, These fighters are not top level competition, they are up and comers and I question if they should even be in the octagon with the exception of Griffin. They will know doubt fail, or be matched up with low level competition and we will see this in the next UFC.

This really isn't a surprise to me. Any fighter with any sort of popularity in the U.S has been taken care of, Tank abbott(they should have never brought himk back), Ken shamrock, a few others and now Leben. It's typical.
                So in the UFC, it really doesnt matter how good you are but rather if you are more marketable to make more profit?

Comment

Originally posted by kcfman
                  So in the UFC, it really doesnt matter how good you are but rather if you are more marketable to make more profit?
                  Correct. See Baroni, Lawler, Tito and Sherk, Horn, Radach for examples of keeping average fighters with mouths over good fighters with skills.

Comment

how could you mention horn in the same sentence with lawler and baroni

Comment

Working...
                    X