Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyoto Machida VS Mauricio Shogun: Who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    most...but more than 14 landed.

I could turn around and say some of the shots Shogun was given credit for were blocked/dodged as well.

Overall Shogun landed less than statistics claim, and Machida landed more. These perceptions were influenced by the climate of the fight. I stick by that.

Still have Rua edging the fight, but just saying

To me the Shogun stats are spot on, remember, he was the one chipping away at the legs of Machida for five whole rounds, plus landing jabs and elbows here and there for five rounds.

Lyoto after round two barely used striking to the head, he limited himself to the occasional straight left to counter a leg kick

Comment

I've watched it a couple times and each time i've scored it 49-46 for Shogun. I really can't see how you could even give Machida 2 rounds

Comment

There's not alot if any on here but lol@ Machida nuthuggers (you can find them at sherdog) who only started watching him after the Thiago KO and judged Shogun off his last two fights and thought he had no chance. You guys slept on an MMA ATG.

Comment

i got machida winning 3-2 or if you scroed the 1st fog shogun then he gets the nod....machida 2-3 rd and rua 4-5 no doubt.....close fight...rematch will settle it machida by late ko

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
            Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.
            Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy
            Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).
            Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the body
            Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.
            Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.

Shogun landed 48 strikes from distance.
            Lyoto landed 26 strikes from distance.

Shogun landed 34 strikes from the clinch.
            Lyoto landed 16 strikes from the clinch.
            Since you want to go there... There is nothing significant about those numbers other than the fight should have been scored a technical draw. How about the fact that this was an MMA fight and not a damn kickboxing/ muy thai match... We all know what machida does and it has won him ever fight easily up until now, but being this was a mixed martial arts fight and shogun was the challenger, how many take downs did he have or even attempt? How many submissions did he attempt. When did he have the champ ever in danger or finishing the fight. MMA is like "microwave" fighting isn't being that the fans generally like and welcome quick finishes. I don't give a **** about shogun kicking the **** out of Machida's legs all night if he wasn't doing it and actually pursuing a knockout. I don't give a **** about shogun kickin machida all night on the left side of his body when the liver is located on the right side (when all them kicks to the liver area) would have most likely finished machida. This fight was just like a baseball game "Tie goes to the runner" or better yet champion point blank!!! BTW I absolutely hate Machidas style, but that still doesn't take away the fact that shogun thought he was going to win the UFC LHW Championship via leg kicks...
            Last edited by Living Legend; 10-27-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
              There's not alot if any on here but lol@ Machida nuthuggers (you can find them at sherdog) who only started watching him after the Thiago KO and judged Shogun off his last two fights and thought he had no chance. You guys slept on an MMA ATG.
              Well, i am a huge Shogun fan but i really thought Machida was in another league and clearly above everybody, like GSP in WW or Fedor in HW.
              I thought Shogun was fighting a dead man in Chuck Liddell, who looked worse than he did against Jardine. So it was pretty legit to count Shogun out in that fight.

Plus, Shogun used to be an offensive striker, who could get careless in fights and even got knocked down by featherfisted Rogerio Nogueira. That with the great counter ability of Machida showed against Rashad, Thiago Silva, who were all good fighters lead people to believe a guy who struggled with 43/44 years old Coleman couldn't beat him.

Still, i was impressed by the work on his boxing done before the Liddell fight.

Look at what i could do with your post and it'd still be true:

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
              There's not alot if any on here but lol@ Pacquiao nuthuggers (you can find them at Boxingscene) who only started watching him after the DeLaHoya KO and judged Cotto off his last two fights and thought he had no chance

You guys slept on an Boxing ATG.
              Well the last sentence will be true after November 14th

Comment

Originally posted by Living Legend View Post
                Since you want to go there... There is nothing significant about those numbers other than the fight should have been scored a technical draw. How about the fact that this was an MMA fight and not a damn kickboxing/ muy thai match... We all know what machida does and it has won him ever fight easily up until now, but being this was a mixed martial arts fight and shogun was the challenger, how many take downs did he have or even attempt? How many submissions did he attempt. When did he have the champ ever in danger or finishing the fight. MMA is like "microwave" fighting isn't being that the fans generally like and welcome quick finishes. I don't give a **** about shogun kicking the **** out of Machida's legs all night if he wasn't doing it and actually pursuing a knockout. I don't give a **** about shogun kickin machida all night on the left side of his body when the liver is located on the right side (when all them kicks to the liver area) would have most likely finished machida. This fight was just like a baseball game "Tie goes to the runner" or better yet champion point blank!!! BTW I absolutely hate Machidas style, but that still doesn't take away the fact that shogun thought he was going to win the UFC LHW Championship via leg kicks...

MMA=Mixed Martial Arts. Emphasis on Mixed. Both Kickboxing and Muay Thai are Martial Arts so it falls under the category.

Comment

Shogun 4-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
                    MMA=Mixed Martial Arts. Emphasis on Mixed. Both Kickboxing and Muay Thai are Martial Arts so it falls under the category.
                    Muy Thai and Kickboxing are both striking based, while jui jitsu and wrestling is grappling of course, so exactly what arts did shogun mix to try and win the fight... get out of here with that fail **** I am rarely if ever wrong when anylazing a fight because I do it unbiased. I watched the entire fight most of it without listening to the dumb ass commentators, obviously you didn't...

Comment

machida got beat up, dont know how he won. im looking forward to a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X