Ronda Rousey: I Had a HISTORY Of Concussions, That's Why I Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

I tend to agree.

And yes, she got dropped on her head a couple of times at an outlaw mudshow in wrestling (the "sports entertainment" kind). I still believe Nunes caused the vast majority of concussions that night. MAYBE Holm's head kick.

Yes, and lets look at it more specifically. Concussions in combat sports(or any sport) decrease your 'chin' and ability to react well to getting hit. Ronda Rousey for all her faults with striking actually displayed an exceptionally good chin before, during and after KO losses.

She had zero defense so she tanked a number of direct hits before her first loss. Against Holm she took a tremendous beating, never stopped moving forward and even when she got knocked out violently with a flush headkick and follow up GnP, she still woke up pretty quickly.

Against Nunes she was taking everything but the kitchen sink against the hardest WMMA puncher we've seen and Ronda didn't even go down, got stopped on her feet.

This is not somebody who is dealing with severe concussion symptoms. If one has to desperately claim Ronda was damaged goods before MMA, you can observe her knees probably being damaged like she claimed as she did have some issues with level changes but even that is reaching.

All of her problems in my eyes were technical and mental. It finally caught up to her against Holm.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Yes, and lets look at it more specifically. Concussions in combat sports(or any sport) decrease your 'chin' and ability to react well to getting hit. Ronda Rousey for all her faults with striking actually displayed an exceptionally good chin before, during and after KO losses.

She had zero defense so she tanked a number of direct hits before her first loss. Against Holm she took a tremendous beating, never stopped moving forward and even when she got knocked out violently with a flush headkick and follow up GnP, she still woke up pretty quickly.

Against Nunes she was taking everything but the kitchen sink against the hardest WMMA puncher we've seen and Ronda didn't even go down, got stopped on her feet.

This is not somebody who is dealing with severe concussion symptoms. If one has to desperately claim Ronda was damaged goods before MMA, you can observe her knees probably being damaged like she claimed as she did have some issues with level changes but even that is reaching.

All of her problems in my eyes were technical and mental. It finally caught up to her against Holm.
      Let’s be fair. Clearly going by the second GIF, her not going down was more due to the presence of a fence. If that were ropes I strongly feel she would have pulled a Verdejo and went straight down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...ter_suffering/

And remember, the media was pushing her narrative that she could beat men. Only to have a lesbian treat her like a domestic abuse victim.
      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-23-2024, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Let’s be fair. Clearly going by the second GIF, her not going down was more due to the presence of a fence. If that were ropes I strongly feel she would have pulled a Verdejo and went straight down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...ter_suffering/

And remember, the media was pushing her narrative that she could beat men. Only to have a lesbian treat her like a domestic abuse victim.
        The point is she displayed a hell of a chin there that no consussion victim could ever duplicate. Not even Cyborg, who is considered a female terminator, could take too many of those right hands from Nunes. Ronda's story is BS and I doubt she will ever accept reality about her losses in MMA.

Comment

Working...
        X