No announcement yet.

Rampage Jackson Retires From Fighting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
    Dana White tried to bully him and he bullied back.
    How so? By demanding that he fulfill his responsibilities by fighting Rashad in what would have been one of their highest selling PPV cards this year and possibly in the history of the company?

No Really?

Seriously Screw Rampage. He's an ungrateful prick.

Don't even make me get into what Dana has done for him, because it's more than a person like Rampage deserves

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
      haha rampage got dana good, I wonder what they'll do about the trash talk on TUF now?
      they usually have the whole TUF season filmed before they start airing, just like a UFC that goes on around 9pm actually starts at 6pm.

W_S
      I gotta ask, does it get hard to talk with Dana's **** in your mouth?
      Dana's a slimeball.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
        W_S
        Dana's a slimeball.
        Okay let's see what he's done for Rampage. Mind you I rarely take Dana's side. But you have to have Page's balls or you're just another bandwagoneer who think Dana is the cause of Cancer, WW2, The Holocaust, JFK's Assassination, The Plague, the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, The Economy etc.

Dana has been incredibly generous to Rampage from the start

-He bough his WFA Contract and paid him mor money in his debut fight in the UFC that he had been paid in his entire career.
        -He gave him a title shot after beating Marvin Eastman
        -He gave him the honor and privilege of unifying Pride MW and UFC LHW titles
        -He continually pays him more money. He made 170K in his debut and 2 years later he's making almost double that
        -He flew out to Orange County and Bailed him out of Jail after his childish road rage incident
        -He got him psychiatric help and counseling after the incident
        -He let him coach 2 Seasons of the Ultimate Fighter
        -He granted his request for a fight in his hometown, he gives him the main event on what would have been one of the best bad blood matches in the sport, which would have made him even more money.

And he skips out to do an 80's TV show remake, deserting his fans, Rashads fans, and leaves Dana to clean up his mess?

Before you go on to say that the UFC profited off of most of this. Let me just remind you that the causal UFC goer had no idea who Rampage was when he fought Liddell (their goldenboy) and the UFC had a lot to risk throwing Rampage in their seeing as he beat Liddell before)

You know what. Screw Rampage. Dana is not in the wrong here.

Comment

dana white is a dumbass. just let him do his ****ing movie ffs, and dont talk ****.

Comment

Rampage made headlines back when he became a born again Christian, and that was well before his stint in the WFA or the UFC.
            I believe his first on-air UFC interview, the "I'ma do my thing" interview was prior to the WFA contract as well, though I'm having a hard time finding it.
            He made his guest appearance on King of Queens months before he WFA fight as well.

Rampage's personality was going to make a fight company a lot of money.
            On top of that, his skills as a fighter make him a contender & would bring legitimacy to any organization's 205lb class.

I'll give you Dana getting him off of his whacked out driving situation, though he was driving a car with a huge UFC emblem on the front, so it was kind of in their best interest to get him off.

Dana just likes to talk way too much smack and he's only your friend if you're making him money. If you try to make some money on your own he wants his cut or he's going to do his damnedest to ruin it for you, this includes taking a cut of each and every endorsement deal put before every single fighter. See Rampage's comments, the original Affliction fallout, or the recent issues concerning the EA mma game.

Could you imagine the NBA b!tching that they weren't given a cut of every pair of Nike Air Jordans sold, to the extent of blacklisting Mike & attempting to ruin endorsements for him altogether?

Dana's way too greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou Sann View Post
              dana white is a dumbass. just let him do his ****ing movie ffs, and dont talk ****.
              That's easy for us to say when we aren't burdened with the responsibility of finding a solid replacement for his fight with Evans

Comment

the prob with Dana is that he is not flexible unlike Scott Coker

Comment

I agree with W_S here, it would have been fine if page hadn't already agreed to the fight but backing out of it to pursue a career in acting? I've seen him act, he's going nowhere with this

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                    Okay let's see what he's done for Rampage. Mind you I rarely take Dana's side. But you have to have Page's balls or you're just another bandwagoneer who think Dana is the cause of Cancer, WW2, The Holocaust, JFK's Assassination, The Plague, the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, The Economy etc.

Dana has been incredibly generous to Rampage from the start

-He bough his WFA Contract and paid him mor money in his debut fight in the UFC that he had been paid in his entire career.
                    He deserved that money, he had a win over Chuck who was the face of the UFC
                    -He gave him a title shot after beating Marvin Eastman
                    UFC owned the footage to Pride and had plenty of footage to show Page's credentials, not to mention the beatdown he gave Chuck.. Also Chuck wanted to fight Rampage
                    -He gave him the honor and privilege of unifying Pride MW and UFC LHW titles
                    Got no credit for it and never recognized as undisputed tho ando did
                    -He continually pays him more money. He made 170K in his debut and 2 years later he's making almost double that
                    He's a big draw for UFC and opens up a market for the lacking african american fans
                    -He flew out to Orange County and Bailed him out of Jail after his childish road rage incident
                    Didn't know that.. i'll give to dana here
                    -He got him psychiatric help and counseling after the incident
                    They had to do whatever it took to get their star back and protect their image
                    -He let him coach 2 Seasons of the Ultimate Fighter
                    This is great for Dana and Page bc page= ratings
                    -He granted his request for a fight in his hometown, he gives him the main event on what would have been one of the best bad blood matches in the sport, which would have made him even more money.
                    All he wanted was the fight pushed back one month bc the movie had sentimental value bc it was him and his dad's fav show.. UFC has plenty of guys to fill in for that one month

And he skips out to do an 80's TV show remake, deserting his fans, Rashads fans, and leaves Dana to clean up his mess?

Before you go on to say that the UFC profited off of most of this. Let me just remind you that the causal UFC goer had no idea who Rampage was when he fought Liddell (their goldenboy) and the UFC had a lot to risk throwing Rampage in their seeing as he beat Liddell before)

You know what. Screw Rampage. Dana is not in the wrong here.
                    I like u bro ur a good poster and i respect ur opinion..i'm not trying to argue with you but rampage isn't the first to walk out on dana and won't be the last... there's more than meets the eye... my beef with page is that he thinks his fans care ab his movies.. we don't..

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
                      they usually have the whole TUF season filmed before they start airing, just like a UFC that goes on around 9pm actually starts at 6pm.

W_S
                      Dana's a slimeball.
                      Yeah I know but how are they gonna hype it now? With everyone knowing Rampage is retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X