Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Rogan praises Sean O’Malley for UFC 280 performance, but believes Petr Yan won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
    What I find hard is when a fighter wins a full point in say the first round.,, and it’s a feel out round. Mostly jabs, and few punches thrown or connected at all. They may get the round by throwing one more or landing one more. Later on a guy may double their opponents output and landing and batter them bad, but if the opponent doesn’t go down it’s usually always worth that same single point. Even rounds and 10-8 rounds ( with no KD ) are discouraged. Also when a fighter gets dropped they always seem to lose the point for the KD and then the round also automatically. A lot of times I’ve seen fighters come back to control a round after a KD. Or a fighter dominate a round only to get caught by a flash KD at the end. A KD is great but it’s worth a point not automatically a win for the round itself. I don’t know. Hard to find any real answers. I mean an even number of rounds doesn’t help scoring either.
    I hate when a fighter beats a guy up from bell to bell and it's still a 10-9 round.
    Blond Beast Blond Beast likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I hate when a fighter beats a guy up from bell to bell and it's still a 10-9 round.
      Right. Flash knockdowns also happen often enough. Sometimes the guy who gets dropped wins all moments of the round save for that one shot that puts them on their butt. It’s definitely worth it’s point. Still it shouldn’t imply that they automatically won the rest of the round also. Lots of fighters are beating on their opponent and push too hard or get too casual in defence and get dropped by a flash counter. Sometimes it’s the dropped guy that comes back harder cause the other guy was the one reeling. That shouldn’t be a 10-8. A KD is worth a point but not necessarily the round win as well.

Comment

Not a fan of O’Malley as a person, but as a fighter, he has my respect after that fight. Have since watched the fight again, and I still feel O’Malley won rounds 1 and 3 due to more significant strikes landed, including more damaging and effective striking, 29-28. ​

Comment

Originally posted by lamarclark09 View Post
          Not a fan of O’Malley as a person, but as a fighter, he has my respect after that fight. Have since watched the fight again, and I still feel O’Malley won rounds 1 and 3 due to more significant strikes landed, including more damaging and effective striking, 29-28. ​
          There were close rounds there for sure.
          lamarclark09 lamarclark09 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X