Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Cofield: "Overeem Should Be Stripped Of His Belt"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fedor-Rogers should at least be for an interim title then .. so Overeem is forced to fight the winner or risk being stripped

yeah he is fighting Aerts at the K-1 Eliminators in 3 weeks (Sep 26) and I'll make a separate post regarding that, as IMO it looks like a pretty solid card

funny that Overeem has gone almost the whole year without an MMA match .. I know he has Mighty Mo coming up

but his first fight of 2009 was a kick boxing bout (vs Bonjasky in January) and he's taking another kick boxing match

Comment

Steve Cofield doesn't know how prestigous K-1 is

Comment

Originally posted by snakerattle79 View Post
        Steve Cofield doesn't know how prestigous K-1 is
        Agreed. Then again none of the MMA columnists at Yahoo know anything about MMA to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          Agreed. Then again none of the MMA columnists at Yahoo know anything about MMA to begin with
          Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
            At least Overeem is still fighting.

Cung Le is making ****ing movies and hasn't had a fight anywhere since he won his title.

Besides that, Overeem is fighting better fighters in Japan than Strikeforce is offering at this point

He's fought Cro Cop, Bonjasky and now he's fighting Peter Aerts.

I'd take those guys over Brett Rogers any day of the week, even if it is K-1. Those are big name fighters.

But I agree. Strikeforce needs to put some kind of stranglehold on it's fighters to avoid further **** like this. This is how there promotion is going to fall.
            [QUOTE=MJ406;6027868]Fedor-Rogers should at least be for an interim title then .. so Overeem is forced to fight the winner or risk being stripped

/QUOTE]

fedor - rogers should be a title eliminator, then strikeforce will force overeem to defend his belt so he can lose to fedor

Comment

Working...
            X