Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Bisping wants a "top fighter" at UFC 105, eyes rematch with Dan Henderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bisping wants a "top fighter" at UFC 105, eyes rematch with Dan Henderson

Michael Bisping wants a "top fighter" at UFC 105, eyes rematch with Dan Henderson

When Michael Bisping returns to action at UFC 105, he wants to fight a top-level middleweight in hopes he can set up a rematch with Dan Henderson soon after the November fight.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported over the weekend that Bisping, along with "The Ultimate Fighter 8" winners and British fighters James Wilks and Ross Pearson, are tentatively slotted to compete at the Nov. 14 event, which takes place at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England.

Bisping discussed the possible rematch with Henderson in an interview with the Manchester Evening News.

Bisping and Henderson first fought earlier this month at UFC 100. The fighters, who were rival coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 9," made no secret of their disdain for each other and heavily hyped the bout.

However, Bisping suffered a brutal second-round knockout to Henderson in one of the night's featured bouts. Bisping was knocked unconscious by an overhand right, and Henderson tagged him with a follow-up blow immediately afterward. (In a post-fight interview, Henderson said he knew Bisping was unconscious when he delivered the second punch but last week told MMAjunkie.com Radio he was joking and wasn't sure if his opponent was out.)

Bisping said he now wants to take on a "top fighter" at UFC 105 to set up the rematch.

"I am going to kick someone's backside in Manchester in front of my hometown crowd then fight again as soon as possible and then rematch with Henderson," Bisping told the newspaper. "That wasn't the best of me in the ring in Vegas (at UFC 100), and I want another crack at him.

"I want a top fighter in Manchester. I want to get back up there straight away. That's what I have told the UFC."

After starting his career with 14 consecutive wins, Bisping (17-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) suffered a split-decision loss to Rashad Evans in late 2007. He had posted three consecutive wins before the loss to Henderson, his first career loss via stoppage.

I think he is delusional to want a rematch outside of proving that he can go the distance with Hendo because he certainly won't win the decision. Bisping would need to circle out and have much more of a punch output to be outpointing Hendo and we all saw how exhausted he was from just trying to evade Hendo after the first round.

Maybe he doesn't get knocked out in a rematch, but he will certainly at least get punished to a landslide Decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
      I think he is delusional to want a rematch outside of proving that he can go the distance with Hendo because he certainly won't win the decision. Bisping would need to circle out and have much more of a punch output to be outpointing Hendo and we all saw how exhausted he was from just trying to evade Hendo after the first round.

Maybe he doesn't get knocked out in a rematch, but he will certainly at least get punished to a landslide Decision.
      I don't see him winning a rematch at all. But I love the guy's determination and guts to wanna get that rematch. Gotta dare to dream.

Comment

yeah true, but at the same time you can't help but view Bisping's quotes as sounding just a bit bitter.

of course it wasn't his best performance .. and I don't think Bisping did anything well in that fight vs Hendo to be honest.

I'll give him credit for wanting the rematch

but maybe next time around he should let his fighting do the talking.

Comment

Bisping needs to fight some up cand coming guys because he is still a very amateurish fighter. Any top guy will beat the Christ out of him.

Comment

It looked to me as if bisping was scared the whole fight. Backing up the whole time not doing anything just wanting to counter attack, the KO was brutal tho

Comment

Originally posted by Reckoning View Post
              It looked to me as if bisping was scared the whole fight. Backing up the whole time not doing anything just wanting to counter attack, the KO was brutal tho
              Yeah he was. The first time Hendo cut him off against the cage and landed a combo Bisping's confidence was broken and it just got worse from there. Plus circling into Hendo's power hand is just asking for it.

Comment

Feed him to Wanderlei Silva. Two Viscious Soul Stealing Knockouts in a row would make my entire year

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post

You couldnt have said it any better bricks. I think Bisping needs to become alot more aggressive in his fights and flip the switch and take more risks because your not going to be able to counter all night on your bicycle against guys like hendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                    Feed him to Wanderlei Silva. Two Viscious Soul Stealing Knockouts in a row would make my entire year

I dont think wanderlai would knock him out. he landed a running shot flush on franklins chin and franklin didnt seem too fazed.

Comment

Working...
                    X