Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo in Nov.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo in Nov.

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/AR...009-07-14.html

Jose Aldo’s long-dreamed-of shot at the WEC featherweight crown has come. As discovered by GRACIEMAG.com, the Brazilian fighter will face Featherweight champion Mike Brown on November 11.

“I found out the news yesterday, when I came to the gym to train. Dede [Andre Pederneiras] told me and I signed the contract. Now I’m just waiting for the day to get here,” said and excited Jose Aldo, exclusively to GRACIEMAG.com.

The Nova Uniao black belt made it clear, however, that despite the good news, he will remain concentrated and focused solely on the challenge at hand. “I’m only going to feel fulfilled when I conquer the belt, we have to work hard and consistently, since I still have another rung to climb,” stated the fighter.

“Mike Brown is a great athlete and he’s becoming more and more well-rounded as time goes by. He came over from wrestling and is really good at the style. His ground game has come a long ways. We’ll se. Now I’m going to travel with Marlon Sandro, my teammate, for the Sengoku final, August 2, and later when I return I’ll focus on training real hard and coming up with a good strategy,” he said.

With 15 wins and only one loss in professional MMA, Aldo has had a successful campaign in the WEC, winning all five fights in the organization by knockout, three in the very first round.

Mike Brown is undefeated since 2005, having won all four of his appearances in the WEC. His latest victim is former champion Urijah Faber, who he beat by unanimous decision in June of this year.

Stay tuned to GRACIEMAG.com and we’ll be back shortly with more information on Jose Aldo and Mike Brown.

Thats gonna be a war

Comment

aldo is quickly becoming a must-see fighter

i like and respect Mike Brown, but i'm pullin for Aldo in this fight

Comment

Working...
      X