Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC president Dana White: Nobody wants this [expletive] job, believe me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just admire the guy. He's an entrepreneur and markets his business well.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD HATES ME View Post
      I just admire the guy. He's an entrepreneur and markets his business well.
      I feel ya man. I'll admit that the dude has taken the sport to a new level in the United States through his exploits with the UFC. Still, I think the sport's growth is inherently limited considering the current situation regarding the UFC's dominance of the industry in the 'States. I think things are beginning to change though, and that the UFC is changing little by little with the times. The bottom line is that one company dominating a single industry is never a good thing.

Comment

I actually think its perfect. I think its what is wrong with boxing. There needs to be one internationally accepted division.

Comment

Alright after re-reading the ****ing thread, let me say that 'genius' is a term which is thrown around far too easily these days. Dana White is NOT a ****ing genius.

Comment

For ****'s sake.

Comment

I actually think its perfect. I think its what is wrong with boxing. There needs to be one internationally accepted division.
              This seems to be a common misconception, however the difference is that The UFC is really a promotional body, which issues belts. It's a bit like if Don King were to own one of the major sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Well I'll tell you this, I rarely refer to something or someone as genius. So in my opinion I mean that in every way. Dude is a genius.

Comment

Well I'll tell you this, I rarely refer to something or someone as genius. So in my opinion I mean that in every way. Dude is a genius.
                  Dana White is a ****ing idiot. He may be good at what he does, but he has no depth to his knowledge. He is no genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
                    Dana White is a ****ing idiot. He may be good at what he does, but he has no depth to his knowledge. He is no genius.
                    That basically sums Dana up. He is very good at what he does for a living. And essentially he has the right mindset for the business he is in with regards to not being afraid to take risks and rolling the dice. That's no different than say Vince McMahon taking a gamble on his first Wrestlemania. He did it and it paid off. The Fertitta's took a gamble on White, White rolled the dice and risked alot both for himself and his friends who gave him a shot and it paid off.

I will say this though. In the 4 years since the first TUF which basically broke the glass ceiling with regards to the UFC going mainstream, the sport as a whole has grown a lot more than people give it credit for. There are more company's operating and getting TV to showcase their talent because there are more businessman willing to try their hand at it, as well as more mainstream press getting behind it. But the problem that has arisen is that the UFC has gone so far ahead of the rest that the everyday guy/girl probably doesn't know what the terms MMA or Mixed Martial Arts means, they just know it as Ultimate Fighting and the UFC. So the growth is being stunted by the fact that the UFC has pretty much got a stranglehold on the minstream market and is doing it's best to corner it for themselves. Very clever business by Zuffa, yet very unethical.

Comment

yeah sorry. if u have a massive IQ and do nothing with it your a genius.
                      but if your not all that smart, but excell i9n a field where noone else
                      has excelled before you, your an idiot.

*sigh* hes a genius for achieving what he has, with limited intelligence

Comment

Working...
                      X