Amir Sadollah set to face Johny Hendricks at UFC 101 in August

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Sadollah set to face Johny Hendricks at UFC 101 in August

Amir Sadollah set to face Johny Hendricks at UFC 101 in August

Amir Sadollah's (1-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) first opponent at 170 pounds - and first since defeating C.B. Dollaway at the June 2008 "TUF 7" finale - has been set.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that Sadollah will meet undefeated WEC import Johny Hendricks (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at UFC 101. Verbal agreements have been made, and bout agreements are in the process of being finalized.

Expected to feature a main event of UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn vs. No. 1 contender Kenny Florian, UFC 101 is scheduled for Aug. 8 in Philadelphia.

Sadollah recently announced his participation on the UFC 101 card in a segment entitled "Inside the Octagon brought to you by Burger King: Late Night News Your Way," which aired on ****e TV during the debut of the ninth season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Twice scratched from scheduled middleweight bouts with Nick Catone - first at UFC 91 in November 2008 and again at UFC Fight Night 17 in February - Sadollah will be fighting for the first time since his "TUF" victory.

A leg infection was the culprit for the first withdrawal. A dislocated clavicle suffered in training forced Sadollah from his February appearance, and the "TUF" champion told MMAjunkie.com the frustration was difficult to deal with.

"Personally I'm hard on myself about it," Sadollah said. "I feel like for me it's strike two out of three. But everyone has been really supportive."

Sadollah also announced his intentions to drop to welterweight at that time.

"For me the most important thing is to get back in there," Sadollah said. "I want to see where I'm at first and assess the weight. But definitely, 170-pounds is in my future."

Meanwhile, Hendricks will be looking to make an impact in his UFC debut after a successful two-fight run in the WEC.

The former two-time Division I wrestling champion and recent Grapplers Quest No-Gi Absolute champion earned two victories in the WEC before the organization elected to scrap the welterweight division.

The 26-year-old last fought in a unanimous-decision win over Alex Serdyukov at WEC 39 in March, a bout that was declared that evening's "Fight of the Night."

R.I.P. Amir

E

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
      R.I.P. Amir

E
      thats wat every1 was saying before he fought Dolloway

Comment

I don't concern myself with what everyone else says or don't say. I don't give a **** about someone named CB. Or Amir. I know Hendricks; maybe you've never heard of him. Look up his name. His accomplishments. Watch his fights.

E

Comment

Working...
        X