No announcement yet.

Miguel Torres is not a p4p fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knob
    People cut weight to fight, there are only few who are on top and dont cut weight to fight. Torres is 5'10" and fights Bantam. That means he cuts at the least 2 weight classes to fight Bantamweights.
    Jesus H Christ, I am truly amazed. I don't even know how to reply to that because it's so fucking ridiculous. Let me bash my head against the toilet 470 times, maybe I can make myself stupid enough to answer you. The fact that you think there's a height requirement for weight classes makes you one of the most ******ed people on this forum, and that's saying a lot. Being a certain height means you have to weigh a certain amount?? Genetics no longer play a part in human anatomy apparently, thanks for breaking that news to the rest of us and make sure you call the Mayo Clinic, they'd definitely love to hear from you.

Sean Sherk is 5'6 and fights at 155. Should he not be allowed to do that because he's too short?? How about when he fought at WW, he should've been thrown in jail, right idiot?? Is Semmy Schilt too tall for HW?? Corey Hill is 6'4 and fights as a LW because he's a scrawny **** and guess what... he's not very good. What about Jeff Monson, a 5'9 HW... too short?? He's shorter than Torres, maybe he should move down to LW where, according to you, Torres belongs. All he'd have to do is cut his arms off and he'd make 155 in no time.

I still don't believe this is a real thread, I think you're probably sitting there laughing at all the commotion you caused with your mindless BS. Tell me I'm right, because if I'm wrong, then it's actually much much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      To the guy that said I favor Japanese fighters is stupid. I said Shinya is the best because that is what he is. BJ Penn's most exciting fights are won by TKO/KO so that doesn't make him the best at BJJ. I can consider Big Nog or Mir but Shinya does waaaaaaay too much things on the ground to not be considered the best. MMA -wise. If he did Abu dhabi then I think he would lose. As a matter of fact he has and he did lose.
      You do favor Japanese and japnese based fighters. Hell in the same thread you said that if Genki Sudo was still around he would be the best BJJ guy. That right there is idiotic to say the least. Shinya is not the best at BJJ in MMA. He is one of the few that applys it well in MMA, but he is not the best. And you thinking that BJ's most exciting fights are via TKO/KO has any bearing on how good his BJJ is when it cmes to MMA is idiotic to say the least. BJJ is not just about submissions when it comes to MMA because there is so much more to consider when on the ground as well as other way and means to finish the fight while using your BJJ. Aoki only goes for subs. He can't finish a fight unless he can sub the guy. Thats the reason he does so many things on the ground because he doesn't know anything else. Whenever he gets in there with a guy who has decent sub defense he is lost and resorts to holding onto his opponent in the hopes of pulling a Matt Lindland lay 'n' pray victory. Or his glass jaw gets exposed and he goes sleepy time. BJ on the other hand along with guys like Nog use their positions to maximum effect. They don't lay there like most BJJ guys in the hopes that someone makes a mistake and gives them a lifeline. They pound the **** outta the guy and make the opportunity happen for themselves. That is a far better use of BJJ then just crawling around like a crab in the hopes that the guy will play into his game. Plus you criticise Torres with your ******ed logic yet seem to have no problem with Aoki who at 5'11" fought at 155lbs for the majority of his career against "smaller" guys. Now he's bigger than GSP (again by your logic) so this would mean that his BJJ skills aren't as good as you say they are because he is using them against "smaller" guys. But I'm sure you'll find some stupid excuse to try justify that. C'mon lets here it, I wanna see how you try justify it without contradicting yourself.

The guy who mentioned A. Silva. Thats true to but the people he fights are also big for 185. If I was to put A. Silva in Torres' situation then A. Silva would be a Welterweight. Natural 205 fighting 170s that is sad. But luckily Silva doesn't do that.
      Actually Silva started out at 170 and used to cut from over 200lbs. Should he be chastised because he does that or is it OK? Now Thiago Alves who is 5'10" and walks around at over 205 cuts down to 170. He's smaller in height but is similar in weight. Should he be chastised for cutting down nearly 2 weight classes? You don't take into account that age also plays a factor on what weight class a fighter fights at. Fact is that at almost 34 years old it would be unrealistic to think that cutting to 170 would be a possibility.

As far as Torres. No, you guys dont understand what p4p is then. I cant say he is a good fighter because of the people he fights. The guy is huge and fights in the Bantamweight. Not like he is fighting Feathers, he is fighting Bantamweight. To say Torres is a natural 135 is ****ing stupid. That guy who said that doesn't know **** about combat sports beside the obvious punching and kicking. People cut weight to fight, there are only few who are on top and dont cut weight to fight. Torres is 5'10" and fights Bantam. That means he cuts at the least 2 weight classes to fight Bantamweights. Even the featherweights are smaller than his ass.

Fedor moving down isn't something bad. However its fucking stupid to even mention Fedor in this talk. He is a fucking heavyweight. Your stupid for even talking about him in this topic. Shows how mainstream you are.

Quite bluntly. A larger guy moving WAY down in weight doesn't make a top p4p fighter. Period.

No, it shows who dense, idiotic and close minded you are when it comes to this discussion. You let your own feelings about Torres get in the way of any logical explanation. Fact is size has nothing to do with P4P qualities. It's about skills, more importantly a well-rounded game which equates to being an all around great fighter. Torres has all the qualities of a top P4P fighter. Great striking, great grappling both wrestling and BJJ. And one of the best mindsets when it comes to bringing together all those qualities into one complete package. Look at what Soda said. Guys like Corey Hill who by your logic should be fighting at HW aren't even good at 155. And then you have guys like Monson who is smaller in height than most if not all guys in the 3 weight classes below him yet he fights at HW and is still one of the better fighters in the weight class. It's clear to see that you have no clue as to what constitutes P4P status and are just hating on Torres for no logical reason.

Comment

He's right about one thing:

Quite bluntly. A larger guy moving WAY down in weight doesn't make a top p4p fighter. Period.
        And that's not saying much, considering the mentally ******ed imbecile must've typed thousands of words to just get one thing right with twenty or so. Moving in or out or all around [and you do the hooky-pokey] weight classes doesn't make a top pound for pound fighter; POSSESSING SUPERIOR SKILLS compared against any other fighter from any other weight class makes a top pound for pound fighter. And that is why Miguelito Torres to top pound for pound.

And if no one has said it yet, I'll go ahead and do so: your opinion is absolutely irrelevant. You're absolutely irrelevant.

Carry on.

E

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
          Look at what Soda said. Guys like Corey Hill who by your logic should be fighting at HW aren't even good at 155. And then you have guys like Monson who is smaller in height than most if not all guys in the 3 weight classes below him yet he fights at HW and is still one of the better fighters in the weight class.
          Actually no, don't listen to what I say. The only things I know about combat sports are the punching and kicking.

Comment

one of the worst threads ive seen since ive been here at boxingscene but IMO torres is def a p4p fighter

Comment

if the thread starter saw tonights fight NOW WHAT!!....if thats not p4p material then i dont know what is

Comment

Comment

^^^^^lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StillUnknown View Post
                    ^^^^^lmao!!!
                    I know right? Best Jiu Jitsu in the game.

ANKLE LOCK-ANKLE LOCK KTFO

Comment

What jibberish are you going on about?

What ankle lock? Do you know what an ankle lock is?

Aoki was working a pass, got swept, and during the transition to deep halfguard, was over*powered by a MUCH BIGGER Mach. He got caught. Happens all the time. Aoki is still #1 Lightweight in the World. Aoki still has some of the best jiu jitsu for Mixed Martial Arts. Don't be a ****ing troll.

E

Comment

Working...
                      X