No announcement yet.

Why do I think Arlovski is gonna beat Sylvia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I think Arlovski is gonna beat Sylvia

I decided to start this thread because some people think that is crazy to even imagine that Arlovski is gonna beat Sylvia. So here are my reasons:

- Arlovski has gotten a lot better since his fight with Rizzo.
    - Arlovski is the superior striker, his arsenal of punches includes good hooks and probably the best uppercut in MMA. Compare that to the straight punches that Sylvia throws.
    - Sylvia has height and reach advantage, but that is it. I believe that arlovski is gonna be able to duck those 1-2s and comeback with some uppercuts from underneath those crosses.
    - This could look a lot like Rizzo vs. Mc Gee. Sylvia can win easily with a cross or overhand, but if he doesn;t land any of those it's gonna be all Arlovski.

That is want "I" think, I am not saying that mofos that think that Sylvia is gonna win are "crazy". Just by looking at their style I think Arlovski is the more skilled fighter and he might pull it off and win.

arlovski is going to pound sylvias face in

Comment

Agreed...

Comment

Good points. I also think that Arlovski will win because he moves very well for a big man. If he could stay away from Sylvia's strikes and score in spots, I think he could pull this out. That's if, of course, he doesn't get caught.

Comment

I must say, I think the only think Arlovsky will be beating is his head against the mat, but you never know, especially when it's between 2 good strikers.

Comment

Why does anyone think Arlovski is a better striker than Syliva? Arlovski has lost eveytime he has stepped up to fight someone that was a top level guy. Syliva finish Ricco in the first couple mins when Nogueria needs a very close and very debatable decison to get a win. Arlovski lost to Rodriguez, even eating a few good shots from Ricco during the match. Getting tagged by Ricco standing is like getting tapped out by Tank Abbott via triangle choke. It shouldn't happen and you should be embarrassed if it does.

Syliva hits like a truck and was able to TKO Cabbage and his cement chin. Syliva also showed great defence and a solid chin in that fight with Cabbage. Wesley had Tim hurt for about 30 seconds in thier fights and Syliva used is great defence and some solid head movement to avoid Cabbages shots and shake off whatever Cabbage had hit him with.

Arlovski is going to need to take Syliva down to have a shot. Standing with Tim is like saying "Here, destory my face". Tim is still somewhat of an unknown on the ground (I guess) but if Rodriguez couldn't finish Tim on the ground (or even take him down! He had to pull guard) what chance is Arlovski going to have?

Comment

Arlovski's biggest problem (aside from Sylvia hmself) will be the fact that he his stance tends to leave him open. Damn near everyone he's faced except Freeman got in some shots on him, and I dobut any them hit as hard or can hit as often as Tim will.

Still rooting for the Pitbull, though.

Comment

Why even have this fight? Creed already knows Sylvia has absolutely no chance of losing and spoiled it for us all.

Even though it's already a garaunteed loss I still think Arlovski can win, and I'll be cheering for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mmafanman
                  Good points. I also think that Arlovski will win because he moves very well for a big man. If he could stay away from Sylvia's strikes and score in spots, I think he could pull this out. That's if, of course, he doesn't get caught.
                  agreed. arlovski seems to be alot more faster than sylvia too.

Originally posted by Creed
                  Why does anyone think Arlovski is a better striker than Syliva? Arlovski has lost eveytime he has stepped up to fight someone that was a top level guy. Syliva finish Ricco in the first couple mins when Nogueria needs a very close and very debatable decison to get a win. Arlovski lost to Rodriguez, even eating a few good shots from Ricco during the match. Getting tagged by Ricco standing is like getting tapped out by Tank Abbott via triangle choke. It shouldn't happen and you should be embarrassed if it does.

Syliva hits like a truck and was able to TKO Cabbage and his cement chin. Syliva also showed great defence and a solid chin in that fight with Cabbage. Wesley had Tim hurt for about 30 seconds in thier fights and Syliva used is great defence and some solid head movement to avoid Cabbages shots and shake off whatever Cabbage had hit him with.

Arlovski is going to need to take Syliva down to have a shot. Standing with Tim is like saying "Here, destory my face". Tim is still somewhat of an unknown on the ground (I guess) but if Rodriguez couldn't finish Tim on the ground (or even take him down! He had to pull guard) what chance is Arlovski going to have?
                  2 words: BJ PENN.

Penn lost to Pulver, Penn beat Hughes. Hughes would destroy Pulver. Case solved and closed. Everything is not as cut-n-dry as you think it is.

Comment

Mr. Salsa has a point there, young Canuck. Everyone knows A>B, B>C = A>C does not apply to fighting; styles make fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X