Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Houston Alexander having no game on the ground...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Houston Alexander having no game on the ground...

Chris Insinna

Again another article I found that made me laugh, I 100% agree with the writer!

Dueling opinions on Houston Alexander

From Sam Caplan:

I’m getting a little tired of all the accusations that Houston Alexander hasn’t been training on the ground. How do any of us know for sure what Alexander has or hasn’t been doing? Just because someone doesn’t show fluent ground fighting skills in a full-on fight doesn’t necessarily mean it’s from a lack of effort. At the risk of sounding like a snob, I think more people need to go to their local MMA gym and take advantage of a free trial and take a few jiu-jitsu classes.

From Michael Rome:

Houston Alexander is going to be cut for sure after this performance. He looks to have learned nothing on the ground since his loss to Thiago Silva, and was frankly an embarrassment in the first fight. His refusal to go to good camps that offered him a spot was a huge mistake. The guys training him are clearly clueless, and sabotaged his career.

Here's the article...

Personally, here’s my thought: the UFC simply isn’t the place for anyone with a gargantuan hole in their game. We talked about this on the radio show: neither Schafer nor Alexander really belong in the UFC. When people describe your ground game or striking abilities as ‘borderline pathetic’, that should seal the deal. This isn’t 1994 any more - that **** simply doesn’t fly.

As for Houston training hard at his ground game or not, who gives a ****? You don’t get gold stars in the UFC for working hard in the gym, because everyone in the sport does. When Cheick Kongo got reamed for his floppy fish ground style, he went to Big Bear and schooled himself. Now you’ll never see him get lay’n'prayed again. He’s not exactly a Gracie on the ground (or does that expression no longer work very well?), but he identified a weakness and worked almost exclusively to minimize it.

On the other side of the coin, Houston Alexander got mounted again like it wasn’t no big thang. THEN he never even came close to escaping that mount. THEN he got taken out by a slow arm triangle that anyone with a month’s worth of jiu jitsu experience could have seen coming a mile away. This wasn’t some advanced hardcore **** fueled by Eddie Bravo seminars and helped along with the support of Jesus, God, and guardian angels. This was some BJJ 101 stuff.

So rather than suggest that us keyboard warriors spend some time at a decent BJJ school, how about suggesting Houston does the same? Because whatever he’s doing right now certainly isn’t helping.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

More UFC News!

Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet Added To UFC Fights For The Troops

Welterweights Mike Swick (15-2) and Jonathan Goulet (22-9) will square off at UFC Fights for the Troops.

UFC Fights for the Troops, also known as UFC Fight Night 16, takes place on December 10th at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The card is also expected to include Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt, and Rich Clementi vs. TBD.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diaz, Neer, Sakara and Gouveia earn $30K "Fight Night" bonuses

Headliners Nate Diaz and Josh Neer, as well as undercard fighters Alessio Sakara and Wilson Gouveia, earned $30,000 "fight night" bonuses stemming from Wednesday's UFC Fight Night 15 event.

Diaz and Neer split Fight of the Night honors, Sakara earned the Knockout of the Night, and Gouveia secured the Submission of the Night bonus.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FUNNY FUNNY STUFF!!!

For anyone who saw the premier of TUF 8, well im sure you all know that clay guida's younger brother got booted for not makin weight...well I thought I would let you know he was picked up by EliteXC .. I found a funny article about it... here it is...

Did you stick around for the TUF premiere following yesterday’s UFC Fight Night? ****eTV hopes you did - the whole point of chaining the two together is to trick you into giving TUF yet another chance.

So if you fell for that, you probably remember an overweight Jason Guida guy rolling around on the floor exposing his anus and genetalia to the masses. At the end of the show, the deep-voice announcer dude said you could ’see more’ of Jason trying to make weight. For fear of what ’seeing more’ might entail, I did not take him up on that offer.

Now comes the news that EliteXC has signed Jason Guida to a contract, news that might have seemed like a good idea until you saw how the dude came off on the show. I wonder if anyone asked him how he did on TUF before handing him the paperwork. “Okay, so you didn’t make it into the house. Did you at least fight? No? Well, at least you didn’t come off like a whiny *****, right? Oh. Hmm. Did you at least make it out with a little dignity? No, huh. Well that sucks.”

Congrats to EliteXC on their new 207 pound lemon! Keep reaching for the stars, guys. At least Jason will fit in well with the gang at EliteXC - half of them can’t seem to make weight either.

btw, that's http://www.fightlinker.com/

Comment

I lol'd a little.

Comment

Now comes the news that EliteXC has signed Jason Guida to a contract, news that might have seemed like a good idea until you saw how the dude came off on the show. I wonder if anyone asked him how he did on TUF before handing him the paperwork. “Okay, so you didn’t make it into the house. Did you at least fight? No? Well, at least you didn’t come off like a whiny *****, right? Oh. Hmm. Did you at least make it out with a little dignity? No, huh. Well that sucks.”

Congrats to EliteXC on their new 207 pound lemon! Keep reaching for the stars, guys. At least Jason will fit in well with the gang at EliteXC - half of them can’t seem to make weight either.
        LOL, now that's funny!

Comment

Working...
        X