Bas Rutten “Kimbo Has More Skill Than Lesnar.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    bull****.

lesnar has a high school and collegiate wrestling background.

what's bimbo spice's background? bouncer for strippers?
    That's the point, he has NO EXPERIENCE. Yet he's headlining shows in MMA and it kills you guys.

The hate for Kimbo is so funny. I just don't understand why you guys don't see this man as what he really is, just a man trying to make a living.

Kimbo is a street fighter taking a crash course in MMA and for some odd reason it pisses you guys off.

Kimbo is 33, he doesn't have much time left.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      That's the point, he has NO EXPERIENCE. Yet he's headlining shows in MMA and it kills you guys.

The hate for Kimbo is so funny. I just don't understand why you guys don't see this man as what he really is, just a man trying to make a living.

Kimbo is a street fighter taking a crash course in MMA and for some odd reason it pisses you guys off.

Kimbo is 33, he doesn't have much time left.
      and how do you know it pisses me off?

kimbo is trying to make his money nothing wrong with that.

my comment is directed toward bas' comment.

kimbo is not that good. he's a tough guy with good power. nothing more.

he's entertaining and i watch his fights. that said there are very few good heavyweights or even light heavyweights that he would beat.

Comment

after kimbo loses to "well past prime" ken, this will be nothing but a stupid comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          and how do you know it pisses me off?

kimbo is trying to make his money nothing wrong with that.

my comment is directed toward bas' comment.

kimbo is not that good. he's a tough guy with good power. nothing more.

he's entertaining and i watch his fights. that said there are very few good heavyweights or even light heavyweights that he would beat.
          Originally posted by beardown View Post
          after kimbo loses to "well past prime" ken, this will be nothing but a stupid comment.

It does piss you guys off because I hear the talk radio, the posts on the web about how Kimbo is a "bum".

I love the guy personally, he's just doing what he knows to do and that's kick people's ass. He's got no training in MMA and is 33 years old yet he's out ther getting in the ring with proffesionals.

I repect him a lot more than people typing about him behind a computer screen, he's out there doing it.

I doubt he beats Shamrock, as a matter of fact I think he's going to KO Shamrock. One thing about Kimbo is he's got a punchers chance against anyone in the game and that doesn't sit well with a lot of you hardcore MMA guys.

I don't see Rashad Evans striking better than Kimbo's, at least not with the hands. Granted, Kimbo can't kick effectively but he can punch very well. He has straight, clean punches that hit their target and that could be dangerous for anyone.

If Kimbo goes to the ground, he's pretty much done and Ken Shamrock better do that IMMEDIATLY if he want's to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
            I would pick a person who's been fighting their entire life to win a fight over a high school wrestler.
            in the streets yea.... but professionally being brought up with a discipline in events with rules and regulations, I rather pick the guy who's been there and done that (Fedor is prime example).... if only Kimbo competed in controlled sanctioned environments before then he'd have the best of both worlds..
            Last edited by RisAri0; 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Brock is 100 times more skilled than Kimbo. Kimbo is a useless bum.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                in the streets yea.... but professionally being brought up with a discipline in events with rules and regulations, I rather pick the guy who's been there and done that (Fedor is prime example).... if only Kimbo competed in controlled sanctioned environments before then he'd have the best of both worlds..
                There's a few staple rules. MMA is closer to a street fight than Wrestling IMO.

But when it comes down to it, Brock Lesnar is a pampered celebrity. He's muscular, and has a bunch of ****ty tattoos. But honestly, look at him. You can tell he's soft.

When it's time to buckle down, and things get tough, I would choose Kimbo to prevail over Lesnar. He's a tough SOB. That's what growing up the way he did will do to someone. I can't wait for Lesnar to get clipped by his first real shot. You know he will be shook and begging for a take down after he eats his first real punch. That's the difference between Kimbo and Brock.

Comment

But when it comes down to it, Brock Lesnar is a pampered celebrity. He's muscular, and has a bunch of ****ty tattoos. But honestly, look at him. You can tell he's soft.

When it's time to buckle down, and things get tough, I would choose Kimbo to prevail over Lesnar. He's a tough SOB. That's what growing up the way he did will do to someone. I can't wait for Lesnar to get clipped by his first real shot. You know he will be shook and begging for a take down after he eats his first real punch. That's the difference between Kimbo and Brock.
                  I like watching Kimbo but that's just silly. Brock is the better wrestler and would have a big strength advantage over Kimbo. If it was just stand up though, I think Kimbo KO's him.

Comment

Brock would beat Kimbo with ease plain and simple. His takedowns are near enough unstoppable, he is far bigger, far stronger, and without doubt the more athletic man. He would do what he did to Heath Herring in his most recent fight, take him down and keep him there all the while punishing him with strikes. Kimbo wouldn't be able to last the distance with Brock, I mean the guy was gassed against Thompson who took him down numerous times and kept him there. If the megapunk can get the better of Kimbo then Brock would stop him. . . brutally.

Personally I praise Kimbo for doing something he obviously loves to do and getting paid very well for it. However, the fact remains that Kimbo's a bum from the streets, and he is still a bum from the streets and will forever be a bum from the streets. His MMA career is no different from his street fights because he is still fighting bums.

But soon enough when he gets a real challenge and by that I mean a hungry, up and comer or for that matter a ranked and proven heavyweight who isn't already shot and is just there for the name recognition, his luck will run out. And when that happens I will happily line up glasses of Drano for all the Kimbo sackriders to chug down and crawl back under the rocks from which they came.

Comment

Do you mean that MMA is closer to a street fight than MMA is to wrestling?

If so, I'd have to strongly disagree. MMA was essentially dominated for years by wrestlers and other grapplers, and wrestlers still make up a large and influential part of the sport. Wrestling has been proven to be an excellent foundation for MMA.

By contrast, very few freestyle streetbrawlers have made a dent in MMA, and none that i can think of have made a large dent (Tank Abbott in his heyday may represent the most successful brawler to date).

Comment

Working...
                      X