No announcement yet.

BJ Penn Destroys Sherk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Famoso Matador View Post
    Does anyone find it strange that neither of them tried to seriously take each other down for the three rounds. I saw the fight and the whole time i was thinking..... they are so close to each other but aren't going for the legs at all. I'm thinking they were told to keep it on there feet.
    Sherk couldn't take BJ down.

BJ didn't need to take sherk down.

This formula = Sherk is ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
      Sherk couldn't take BJ down.

BJ didn't need to take sherk down.

This formula = Sherk is ****ed.
      payment sent

Comment

It would be a good fight because GSP can take BJ down easy but Bj won't be Serra and just stand there and get pounded, He could catch GSP in a submission but I still think GSP would win the fight

Comment

Originally posted by HotSizzle View Post
          payment sent
          Thanks, I have to admitt I was rooting for Tito all night. I just about flew through the cieling when Tito threw on the Triangle/armbar at the end. "****ing do it now Tito, DO IT!"

Comment

I knew Lyoto would win, too bad he didn't finish him with that knee to the body that knocked the wind out of him

Comment

Machida was a clear favorite but Tito's submission attempt at the end was close as ****. If Machida hadn't slid his right shoulder slightly out as Tito locked it up I think he would've had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                He had no chance on the feet, he's a slightly better version of Hughes in that realm. On the ground he could have dry-humped Penn to a decision, but I have my doubts he would have been able to take Penn down even late in the fight. Regardless he should have tried more than once.
                you cant say sherk had no chance on the feet, thats just being disrespectful- you make it seem like sherk didnt land a single punch! he caught penn with some hard shots and had him hurt at 2-3 occasions!

Originally posted by King Koopa View Post
                Would GSP/Penn happen at a catch weight?
                gsp would have to literally cut off a leg to make 155- so im sure penn wants to move up to 170--
                ---------

im not sure why penn called out gsp, i mean he already has a fight lined up- i hate when fighters do this kinda ****! (beside the fact that he lost to him*)

for the ufc, this is a bad move b/c if BJ and GSP face each other- not only will the 155 division lack a true champ, sherk will most likely win it again (if not him some b class fighter such as florian/huerta will take it only to lose it the second he fights a top contender- neither is capable of holding the belt for long or being a true champ)...

ALONG with the fact that gsp is clearly king in his weight class, cleaned it up and only has one guy in his way! also, gsp was talking about moving up to 185 and facing the undisputed champ, Anderson Silva- which would be an incredible fight and both have a good chance of stopping each other!

ufc has 3 studs as champs that are undisputed and number 1 in the world at their weight class: BJ PENN (LW), GSP (WW), and Anderson Silva(MW)- the funny thing is bj has fought in all 3 weight classes, gsp and silva could fight at either 170/185 lol...Dana White must be proud

Comment

What people need to realize is that a still prime GSP BARELY edged past an unfocused BJ Penn, Penn was givin it too him but the lack of cardio cost him, at this point, I really would put my money on Penn, but as for Penn vs Silva (penn was a middleweight before) Silva would own Penn

Comment

Sherk could'nt get near him
                    Penn used his Jab to well
                    Great finish to

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
                      What people need to realize is that a still prime GSP BARELY edged past an unfocused BJ Penn, Penn was givin it too him but the lack of cardio cost him, at this point, I really would put my money on Penn, but as for Penn vs Silva (penn was a middleweight before) Silva would own Penn
                      I want to see GSP v Penn
                      What weight would it be at though..
                      If penn went up in weight, GSP would **** him up IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X