Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bang" on MMA Weekly Radio (Comments on Sudo fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bang" on MMA Weekly Radio (Comments on Sudo fight)

Duane "Bang" Ludwig commented on his UFC 42 fight with Genki Sudo on Monday's MMA Weekly Radio Show.

Ryan Bennett asked Ludwig about the controversial stand-up near the end of the fight, and Ludwig made no bones about the fact that he was "pretty much stuck in that position," to use his own words. Ludwig said that it was very hard to get out of that position because any escape attempt could have resulted in Sudo applying a submission.

Ludwig said that he wants to spend more time in the future training in ground escapes. He went on to say that he would give Sudo a rematch anytime, anywhere.

Ludwig also said that he was feeling frustrated during the fight because of Genki Sudo's dancing around the ring, and also because Sudo was saying things in Japanese when Ludwig was in Sudo's gaurd.

Ludwig said that he had to keep his cool during the fight and channel all of his energy into the late flurry, which he felt was appropriately topped off by the Karate Kid pose at the end of the fight.

Duane is a true gentleman and said he looks forward to his next fight. When asked if he would fight Yves Edwards, he said "yes" and even though they were friends he would fight him.

Duane Ludwig is a true warrior of Mixed Martial Arts.

Comment

I touched Genki's sweaty shoulder when he was walking out of the cage. It was heaven.

Comment

Sudo ROCKS

Comment

Sudo's bandwagon is growin larger everyday.....

Comment

Originally posted by Allison
            I touched Genki's sweaty shoulder when he was walking out of the cage. It was heaven.
            is that the fighter you have a thing for?

Comment

I still like you too, Martineau.

Comment

Bang was LUCKY to escape with the decision, I think he learned alot and hopefully he'll just continue to get better in MMA from here on out. I think he has a bright future, I disagree with the decision, but still like him more than Uno and Penn. And the Crane Kick was classic.

Comment

Was the stand-up to check the cut or was it due to lack of action? If it was to check the cut, whats so controversial about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
                    Was the stand-up to check the cut or was it due to lack of action? If it was to check the cut, whats so controversial about it?
                    I agree...He ****in had Bangs nose running...I had no prob with that...I just didnt like that the match went to Bang...Draw or Sudo should have been the JD

Comment

Working...
                    X