No announcement yet.

Since Denis Kang was KTFO..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Denis Kang was KTFO..

...can we stop with all this "Kang would own Silva.." type bull****?

who knocked him out

Comment

Yoshihiro Akiyama yesterday at k1 heros

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
        Yoshihiro Akiyama yesterday at k1 heros
        Yeah, the Judo guy. The judo guy jabbed his face in and then uppercutted him into a higher consciousness.

Kang would be a HL reel for Anderson in the first round. Sad.

Comment

I don't know who ever said Kang would KO Silva..

But it was a good fight to watch, the finnishing uppercut was great. I actually felt bad for Kang because over here in Korea, they were hyping him up like crazy, with him being an ethnic Korean. You could tell the guy was under all sorts of pressure, and I think this was evident in his facial expression after he was KO'd. Seriously, these days you see Kangs face everywhere here, so I think he really had a lot of weight on his shoulders. But I don't want to take anything away from Akiyama, he did great.

Also, I kind of got the impression that Akiyama is an ethnic Korean as well because he dawned both the Japanese and Korean flags on his gi which he entered the ring in, and much of the crowd went nuts when he won (which they would almost certainly not do for an ethnically Japanese fighter who'd beat an ethnic Korean- there's a lot of animosity between the 2 countries). So, its as if Akiyama achieved Korean stardom by leap frogging another star. Just my impressions from what I watched, don't really know.

Comment

vs Kaoklai

It's not a fair fight, though. Someone shot Denis with a sleeping dart.

Last edited by SnoopySmurf; 10-30-2007, 07:26 AM.

Comment

What a great shot! Thanks for posting.

Dennis didn't look like himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
                What a great shot! Thanks for posting.

Dennis didn't look like himself.
                It's the kind of punch you dream about doing. Something about that fight bugs me though, does Denis look about 20 pounds heavier than Kaoklai? I'm not familiar with K1 weight rules. Does anyone know?

Comment

Yes, K-1 has tournaments where they have open weight bouts. I am not sure if this particular match is one of those events, but Kang did look heavier. But that doesn't matter for his opponent cause I have seen that guy knock out much bigger opponents than Kang in the past.

Comment

Working...
                  X