No announcement yet.

HDNet: Randy Couture Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDNet: Randy Couture Press Conference

Was previously offered 3 million to fight Fedor in Bodog. Went to UFC and Dana suggested for him to fight for UFC Heavyweight title against Tim Sylvia.

Under UFC contract for 18 months, nine more remaining.

Can't say that he is retiring, no one would believe him at this time, anyway. (he laughs)

Does not have a crystal ball so he cannot predict the future. Does not know what he will do in the future.

He did not try to incite drama. He did it in the best possible circumstances to avoid any such things and it is not in his nature to get into a "pissing contest" with Dana White. That would be a stupid.

He is not at privilege to talk about any fighters circumstances but if his actions improve the livelihood of lesser fighters, he is all for it. Fighters do not get medical coverage when they train (only in the ring).

He never intended to renegotiate his contract but the amount of money that the UFC was offering Fedor was insulting to him. His loyalties were with the UFC and he has been promoting the UFC, therefore he felt insulted by the act, not necessarily the money.

He spoke with Dana and Lorenzo recently. He stated that he is not trying to make a stink nor burn down the house. He is simply stating his feelings and doing what is best for him.

He talked about the forming of a fighters union. He said that Dana hates these things and there is an attempt to monopolize MMA as evidenced by ownership of the UFC, WEC, and Pride being by one company. That is why Dana talks badly about managers. (he didn't criticize anyone though, he just stated the facts with a smile when talking about Dana)

He made 250, 000 base for his fights. Any bonuses were at the discretion of the UFC, and he had expected it considering he had been given it for his last two bouts, and his position in the UFC. It has an impact on his bottom line.

shyt i just dloaded and watched it....good stuff at the end Ron Kruck said for every 100 000 PPV seats or tickets sold he gets one doller and he said he made more from his payperview venue then his base salary for his bout thats ****ed uppppppppppppppppppp

Comment

and and Randy said chuck made 17 Mill total last year wowwwwwwwwwwwwww lol pretty niceeeee if you ask me

Comment

That's is terrible. I made close to 10% commission selling shoes. I didn't hear those numbers clearly to include them in my original post. By the way, that guy is not Ron Kruck, his name is Kenny Rice. Ron Kruck is that skinny dude that who does field and in the cage interviews.

I didn't get to see the beginning of the press conference, can you post a link?

Comment

Working...
        X