No announcement yet.

UFC middleweight contenders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC middleweight contenders

Are there any middleweights that look likely to step forward and present a tough challenge to the current champ Anderson Silva?

Henderson would be the obvious choice for me, but besides him who else is out there at this weight?

Robbie Lawler
    Frank Trigg
    maybe Matt Lindland or Marquardt again.

Comment

Get Filho now!!!

Comment

lawler would be fun to watch, he's much tougher than rich franklin and can take more of a beating. when pete spratt exposed him, though, it was because robbie can't defend against leg attacks, so maybe this isn't such a good idea... what happens when spider gets robbie in the muy tai clinch?

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
          lawler would be fun to watch, he's much tougher than rich franklin and can take more of a beating. when pete spratt exposed him, though, it was because robbie can't defend against leg attacks, so maybe this isn't such a good idea... what happens when spider gets robbie in the muy tai clinch?
          Robbie has gotten a lot better since the Spratt fight, that much is obvious. But you're right to point out that weakness, which may really cost him against a guy like Sylva. It'd be a good fight though, Lawler is better than Franklin imo. However, I don't see him coming to the UFC at this point.

Comment

Hes on TUF. I bet hes back in the UFC in a few more fights. Even Dana admits the middleweight division needs some new players. Even tho i really doubt he beats Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
              Hes on TUF. I bet hes back in the UFC in a few more fights. Even Dana admits the middleweight division needs some new players. Even tho i really doubt he beats Silva.
              You mean Lawler's on TUF?? Thats news to me. I'm not in the states so haven't been following that series (link, anyone??). If thats the case, than I guess he is back in the UFC. Just it seemed like he had a good thing going with EliteXC and I figured he'd be the type of talent that EliteXC would go out of their way to keep.. but UFC does have the stiffer competition right now so it could be a positive move.

Comment

I don't see any "natural" middleweights that can take Anderson, but I would like to see some guys drop down in weight that are struggling in the LH division.

Oh, how about Kang, he's a middleweight isn't he?

Comment

Hes not of TUF as a fighter. Lawler is a Team Hughes coach.

Comment

speaking of TUF, last nights fight was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X