Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did u all score the Vera-sylvia fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did u all score the Vera-sylvia fight?

many websites including sherdog ive noticed scored the fight for vera as i did watching it live last night at a bar........i thought he did enough to win the 1st and clearly won the 2nd.....the 3rd was all sylvia but u could tell something was bothering vera besides the fact that he fatigued real bad, which i can see why when a 260+ dumbass is just keeping u pinned on the cage weighin down on u, since he was throwing looping shots with no power. im interested in seeing how many of u in here scored it because sylvia should of NOT got that damn decision and now he will get a shot before vera....
    vera 2-1
    50.00%
    vera 3-0
    0.00%
    sylvia 3-0
    0.00%
    sylvia 2-1
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

i had it 2-1 for sylvia, god i hated saying that. he had octagon control pressing vera up against the cage, didn't do much else besides that.
    kinda like serra vs lyttle. no damage done jus controlling the other fighter.

Comment

i think vera squeeked out the 1st round........dammett i still can't believe this big dumbass is in line for the title next.........

Comment

Originally posted by living_legend View Post
        many websites including sherdog ive noticed scored the fight for vera as i did watching it live last night at a bar........i thought he did enough to win the 1st and clearly won the 2nd.....the 3rd was all sylvia but u could tell something was bothering vera besides the fact that he fatigued real bad, which i can see why when a 260+ dumbass is just keeping u pinned on the cage weighin down on u, since he was throwing looping shots with no power. im interested in seeing how many of u in here scored it because sylvia should of NOT got that damn decision and now he will get a shot before vera....

...He hurt his hand in the first round.

Comment

I was convinced that Vera would take this fight leading upto it, until i saw how Vera looked during his octagon entrance. I thought he had the look of a intimidated man.

The fight was terrible to watch and the tactics were not as advertised,
          both fighters were poor but i thought Tim controled the 1st round and was more active.

The 2nd was close but Vera had his moments and Tim controled for most so that could be a Vera round or maybe even.

But the match winner was the 3 rd round, Sylvia dominated and caused damage sealing the decision in my eyes

What a bad fight tho, i was one of the ones before hand sayin that this should be for a vacant title. What a relief it wasnt, neither of these guys deserved a belt around their waist after that fight.

Comment

I had it 2-1 Sylvia with the first being extremely close. I also mentioned that I could have seen a 10-8 round in the third for Sylvia cause all Vera did was eat punch after punch doing nothing. Then a judge actually gave Sylvia a 10-8 round.

Comment

This fight aint worthy to discuss.

Cause Tim won. If Vera won it would be a different story.
              He needs to go back to being a rodeo clown I say.

Comment

I scored it 2-1 Vera, with the first round extremly close. I fealt Vera clearly won the 2nd, and Sylvia clearly dominated the thrid. Actually, if it wasn't for the entirely inapropiate boxing scoring system, Sylvia would've won more clearly in my eyes, but scoring it round by round, I felt Vera barely won it. However, I can't argue with the decision.. though I believe one judge had it a shutout, which is total bull****. It is hard to watch a guy entirely give away the last round though, and then come on here and defend his performance.. I believe the injury played a factor though, as Vera was throwing elbows from a distance instead of punches in the final round.

Comment

vera had nothing left in the 3rd rd but clearly his hand was hurt because all he was throwing was elbows and kicks......i feel alot better now that there are some people here that scored it the same as i did because that night was so pissed and it seemed everyone was happy with the decision......i hate sylvia.......

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
                    I scored it 2-1 Vera, with the first round extremly close. I fealt Vera clearly won the 2nd, and Sylvia clearly dominated the thrid. Actually, if it wasn't for the entirely inapropiate boxing scoring system, Sylvia would've won more clearly in my eyes, but scoring it round by round, I felt Vera barely won it. However, I can't argue with the decision.. though I believe one judge had it a shutout, which is total bull****. It is hard to watch a guy entirely give away the last round though, and then come on here and defend his performance.. I believe the injury played a factor though, as Vera was throwing elbows from a distance instead of punches in the final round.
                    No, one judge had it 29-27 Sylvia giving Sylvia a 10-8 round in the third.

Comment

Working...
                    X