No announcement yet.

UFC 77 was terrible.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 77 was terrible.

I suspect the next one will be worse. There are no stars and news one are not stepping up. I have seen better fights on HDNet and WEC. As a premiere organization the UFC should only have the best, and they should fight all the time. The rest belong in the WEC.

UFC 79 will suck aside from watching Chuck get retired. But I really don't want to see the guy get beat up. I want to see how Wand performs.

Originally posted by robot_monkey View Post
    I suspect the next one will be worse. There are no stars and news one are not stepping up. I have seen better fights on HDNet and WEC. As a premiere organization the UFC should only have the best, and they should fight all the time. The rest belong in the WEC.

UFC 79 will suck aside from watching Chuck get retired. But I really don't want to see the guy get beat up. I want to see how Wand performs.
    What was the key to Tim Sylvia's win over Vera. Was it simply the huge disparity in size? Would you say that Vera has an inside shot if there's a rematch(which I doubt there would be, the bout sounded like a snoozer)?

Did Vera look like he belonged in the ring with Sylvia?

Comment

lol Tim just kept him up against the fukin cage and dident do anything with him for the first 2 rounds pretty much then in the third landed a **** load of short punches to Vera's head.... nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
        What was the key to Tim Sylvia's win over Vera. Was it simply the huge disparity in size? Would you say that Vera has an inside shot if there's a rematch(which I doubt there would be, the bout sounded like a snoozer)?

Did Vera look like he belonged in the ring with Sylvia?
        Vera decisively won round 2 and I fealt he squeeked out round 1 as well. That said, he was a dead heep in the 3rd so its hard to defend the performance. Sylvia basically leaned on him all through round 1 but really did nothing effective; Vera was being active, but it was difficult for him to mount an effective offense when pinned against the cage. Vera also had a takedown in that round.

In the second, Vera landed some nice shots, including a really good kick to the body which created a loud smack. Vera also landed an illegal knee to the head in the round as Sylvia scrambled to his feet, which Sylvia milked for all he could.

Vera showed he belonged, but his inability to finish strong was what costed him. Tim's leaning on him probably wore him down a bit though.

Comment

I didnt read any of your post.
          BUT Kalib THE CANADIAN was a good fight and he never wanted to quit WAS A GOOD FIGHT. lucky GSP wasnt on this card.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
            Vera decisively won round 2 and I fealt he squeeked out round 1 as well. That said, he was a dead heep in the 3rd so its hard to defend the performance. Sylvia basically leaned on him all through round 1 but really did nothing effective; Vera was being active, but it was difficult for him to mount an effective offense when pinned against the cage. Vera also had a takedown in that round.

In the second, Vera landed some nice shots, including a really good kick to the body which created a loud smack. Vera also landed an illegal knee to the head in the round as Sylvia scrambled to his feet, which Sylvia milked for all he could.

Vera showed he belonged, but his inability to finish strong was what costed him. Tim's leaning on him probably wore him down a bit though.
            i would have a lot more respect for tim if he fought most of the fight like the last 15 seconds. instead, like u said pushed him against the cage and stood there...if he was doing damage and hurting vera, i would understand...but he wasnt. i do think vera's hand played somewhat of a roll in why he wasnt so agressive. shouldv'e used his leg kicks more. i garantee that was tims plan--get him against the cage/ avoid the kicks/ and get the decision. totally agree with what u said

Comment

Tims a dick.....

because Matt Hughes was cheering for him.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post

I thought Vera won rounds 1 and 2...but yeah they were very close rounds. I don't know how those judges scores them. Tim used his size but Vera was connecting (not by much) so I don't know how the judges felt about that. Round 3 was one sided in favor of Tim. It should have been a draw at least in my opinion.

Comment

I had it 29-28, Sylvia, the guy’s smart, that’s why he’s a two time champ.

Comment

agree, a big bore fest

Comment

Working...
                    X